fteschke

fteschke

No on_mount telemetry event is emitted for LiveView.on_mount/1 callbacks.

These are the events currently emitted for LiveViews: mount, handle_params, handle_event, render.

Do you think an on_mount event should be added?

Short background: I’m attaching event listeners to enrich AppSignal spans with custom data (user ID, current path). Maybe there’s a better way altogether. If not, being able to instrument on_mount would help provide more context for on_mount errors.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

steffend

steffend

Phoenix Core Team

I can see this being useful, so I think a PR implementing it would be welcome!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Proposals: Ideas Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews