AstonJ

AstonJ

I alway use something like ActiveAdmin or RailsAdmin when quickly putting together an app (even if initially) with Rails - they are just so convenient and help you concentrate on the app itself.

What do you do or use with Phoenix? Prefer to roll your own or use something like Ex Admin?

Showing Posts 1 to 10

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

Hoegbo

Hoegbo

I tend to roll my own. Perhaps this could be the start of a collaboration of sorts on this forum.

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

What about ExAdmin? It looks pretty good? :slight_smile:

Demo here: http://demo2.exadmin.info/admin

odyright

odyright

Hello,
there is another one called: torch

edited: (I forgot this one…!)

  1. talon
    It’s the new version of ExAdmin and proposed by @smpallen99 as a solution of ExAdmin’s lack
odyright

odyright

Hello there,
concerning administration Panel concept, I’ll recommend reading the @chrismccord 's way… Writing Web-facing features…

Applications with “users” are naturally heavily user driven. After all, our software is typically designed to be used by human end-users one way or another. Instead of extending our Accounts.User struct to track every field and responsibility of our entire platform, it’s better to keep those responsibilities with the modules who own that functionality. In our case, we can create a CMS.Author struct that holds author specific fields as it relates to a CMS. Now we can place fields like “role” and “bio” here, where they naturally live. Likewise, we also gain specialized datastructures in our application that are suited to the domain that we are operating in, rather than a single %User{} in the system that has to be everything to everyone.

But knowing that the ideas may differ, what are your thoughts about his opinion/point of view?

MartinElvar

MartinElvar

What are people using these days? Seems like most of the mentioned projects in this thread, is not maintained any longer. :slight_smile:

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Currently the two most downloaded are:

Ex Admin - An Elixir Phoenix Auto Administration Package.
torch - Rapid admin generator for Phoenix

Full list here.

kochetkov_av

kochetkov_av

As i can see ExAdmin is not maintained any more?
Torch last commit was 4 month ago. And in general it doesn’t look like complex solution.

I’m looking forward to use Phoenix in my next project, but admin panel is really needed.
What to use, any advice?

tmbb

tmbb

I’m working on an admin backend inspired by torch and ex_admin. The core component is a library to generate ecto queries dynamically from phoenix params (also written by me) which I haven’t released yet. I can’t guarantee the API stability of this library yet, though…

If people are interested in trying it I might publish it (as super alpha software) . It’s already quite functional, actually.

It makes heavy use of generators, so it’s closer to torch than ex_admin. IMO, the main advantage over torch is that the generated code (especially the templates) are a bit cleaner and easier to extend, and I think it supports a little more features.

danschultzer

danschultzer

Pow Core Team

I tried both Torch and ExAdmin but didn’t like either so I built the admin interface using the Phoenix generators. It’s been really easy to work with, and so far it’s felt like the better option to opt for. This was done in an umbrella app setup with multiple Phoenix apps.

You can slap on a Bootstrap admin template, add a user authentication library, and have it up and running in no time.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews