sb8244
Author of Real-Time Phoenix
Note: This topic is to talk about Day 10 of the Advent of Code 2019 .
There is a private leaderboard for elixirforum members. You can join it by following this link and entering the following code:
39276-eeb74f9a
Trending in Challenges
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Most Liked- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sb8244
My solution is here. I actually documented the approach in pt1 / pt2 at the top. I won’t paste it here to avoid spoilers, it’s still early on the day.
ferd
High school math is needed, but I decided to avoid it for as long as I can. It takes about 2 hours to get the whole thing going (and I’ve had to spend my morning, lunch, and breaks on this!) but I end up with a fully functional solution for arbitrary-sized maps and positions. It ought to be fast enough, finding both the solution to part 1 and part 2 in under 100ms combined by doing some fancy filtering.
Source at day10.erl · GitHub
cblavier
My solution : advent/lib/2019/day10 at master · cblavier/advent · GitHub
Wasted at least 1 hour this morning going totally wrong (I was only dealing with 8 different angles)
And then I used the high school maths mentioned by @ferd
Last Post!
jacopofar
I’m very happy I found this forum! I just finished day 10 here the code, and the tests but it’s almost the first time I use Elixir and the Phoenix framework so my code can probably be much better