CosmicSpittle
Does anyone know of a team or group of people doing the 2020 Advent of Code in Elixir? I haven’t seen much discussion this year…or I hang out in all the wrong places.
Thanks!
Robert
Mod Edit:
You can follow all Advent of Code threads vis the advent-of-code tag ![]()
If you are the first to post your solutions for a day, please start a new thread with the format: Advent of Code 2020 - Day 1 where 1 is whatever day you are posting and please post it in the #learning-questions-discussions:coding-challenges section along with the advent-of-code tag ![]()
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
Based on Topics tagged advent-of-code I’m assuming there will be one post a day for discussion here
NobbZ
After beeing back and forth with the AoC idea for this year, I decided to not do it in the morning when I get up, nor during the coffeebreak in the company. In the last year I have seen, that both time slots are fine during the beginning, though get rather short (even combined) after a week or so.
Therefore I’ll skip them until late evening (Europe), therefore I won’t look into AoC titled posts before I solved the days puzzle.
slouchpie
Hi
Where are these puzzles/challenges being posted?
UPDATE: Never mind, I found it: Day 1 - Advent of Code 2020
egze
If anyone needs a boilerplate, feel free to grab: GitHub - egze/aoc: My Elixir solutions for Advent of Code. · GitHub
It was made originally by @NobbZ
egze
Btw, leaderboard from last year still works: https://adventofcode.com/2020/leaderboard/private/view/39276
You can join it by following this link and entering the following code:
39276-eeb74f9aadamu
I’m wondering if there’s a more effective way to run this rather than “here’s mine” walls of code and links to source code. I’ve been trying to get key takeaways from people’s solutions and look out for any insights I hadn’t considered, but it’s difficult to have a discussion when the thread is mostly a chain of code dumps without any regard to the previous discussion.
I guess everyone wants to share their code though. Maybe two threads for each day would be useful - one for code dumps, the other only for discussion with relevant snippets if necessary?