Exadra37

Exadra37

If I create a brand new project with Phoenix 1.8 I get an AGENTS.md file, and when that file is given to GEMINI CLI it gets confused why DaisyUI why is included in the project but its recommended to not use it.

My first prompt after creating the new Phoenix 1.8 project:

Read the @AGENTS.md in full. Make sure you understand every bit on it, otherwise
we will waste our time when working together, because we will not have the same
understanding of what is in the documentation.

Usually the answer is in the lines of:

I have read and understood all the provided documentation. I am ready for your
next instruction.

Then I make another prompt to ensure we are on the same page:

Do you have questions about the documentation? Any thing that's not 
clear to you? Don't make assumptions.

Then it replies something in the lines of:

The `AGENTS.md` file states to avoid using daisyUI, but I see `daisyui.js` 
in the `assets/vendor` directory. Could you clarify whether I should avoid 
daisyUI completely or if it's used in a specific context?

The problematic line in AGENTS.md seem to be:

- **Always** manually write your own tailwind-based components instead of using 
daisyUI for a unique, world-class design

Should this line in AGENTS.md be modified to improve clarity on what’s the role of DaisyUI on the project?


So, while I understand the rationale of preferring custom components to be unique in our web app, my question is more or less in line with the GEMINI one, why was DaisyUI introduced in Phoenix and then not recommend it’s use? What are the benefits of having it without using their components and approach to use/define custom classes?

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews