sabiwara
Elixir Core Team
Hi!
Introducing Aja, a library aiming to extend the standard library with some extra data structures and utility functions.
Featuring:
- ordered maps
- tree-based maps and sets that should be more ergonomic than
:gb_trees/:gb_sets - exclusive ranges
- various utility functions
Github: GitHub - sabiwara/aja: Extension of the Elixir standard library focused on data stuctures, data manipulation and performance · GitHub
Hex: Aja v0.7.4 — Documentation
I’m still relatively new to elixir and announcing my first library feels pretty embarrassing, but watching Chris Keathley’s inspiring talk encouraged me to just go and ship my “bonks idea”. Looking forward for your feedback!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sabiwara
What would Elixir feel like if lists let you append or access any element efficiently, like you would do in python or any imperative language?
Clojure, which is also a functional language, makes its persistent vector one of its selling points, precisely because vectors can perform many operations in effective constant time.
This has been a tough challenge and I went through several failed attempts, but I’m happy to announce that
A.Vectoris now available in Aja, since version 0.4!While there is still work to be done especially regarding optimization, the performance of this early version already shows great promise: most “enumerable” functions are much faster than erlang’s
:array, and some are even slightly faster than theirList/Enum’s counterparts.My motivation and hope is that vectors could make it more straigthtforward to write some of the more algorithm-heavy parts of business logic code. And maybe it can make the transition easier for beginners coming over from imperative languages and who struggle with some of the limitations of linked lists. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts!