_russellb
Does anyone have ale linting with live reload working for phoenix projects? If so can you tell me how you fixed the issue?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
Which issue?
_russellb
live reload is broken.
NobbZ
Phoenix live reload or some live reload in vim? I do not use it myself but I want to gather as much info as possible until someone who does finds this thread.
_russellb
Phoenix live reload is broken when using linters with vim. This is a known issue, I was hoping someone has fixed it.
NobbZ
Just guessing but it might be solvable by running the linters in its own mix env. Because lintung causes recompiling. If though the printer compiles faster then Phoenix, it doesn’t see anything to recompile as all beam files are newer as their source files when phoenix gets aware of the change of the source. I do assume similar problems with other editors and linters, but I do not use any lint integration for mine (except for compiling errors), nor do I currently do phoenix.
You’'ll probably need to change the source of your plugin to test, to make it run
mix credowithMIX_ENV=lint, you’ll also need to provideconf/lint.exs, which can be a copy ofconf/dev.exsfor the test.gregvaughn
I don’t think there’s anything ale specific to the problem. I saw it when I had credo running under neomake, so I disabled credo and only use exlixirc specifically outputting to $TMPDIR. I don’t like it, and it gives false positive warnings, but it’s the best I’ve got so far. I’d love to hear a more comprehensive solution too.
gregvaughn
Interesting! I’ll have to give that a try when I get some spare time.