sandorbedo

sandorbedo

I need to create a mix task, that’s purpose is to replace deps.get. (The reason is that in our company we are not allowed to use any git source from the internet, like github, but have to download deps from an internal, controlled server. External deps are mirrored to the internal server when required. But in mix.exs and rebar.config, we use the original git URLs. This alternative deps.get task has to rewrite the URLs before downloading them, and when the external dep does not have an internal copy, it also has to initiate the mirroring procedure.)

My problem here is that when I create a new task, like (let’s call it deps_get), it is just an ordinary task, and wants to run the original deps.get before it runs. Is it possible to make my own task able to run without the deps being downloaded in advance? Or maybe the goal of deps_get is only achievable by allowing to download the external deps by the original deps.get, and then run another task that replaces the external deps with the internal ones?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

odix67

odix67

one possible solution is to use git itself to rewrite the url

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Git rewrite urls as mentioned by @odix67: mix deps — Mix v1.13.4

You can also use Hex repositories but change the Hex repository URL / API to point to a self-hosted Hex: https://hex.pm/docs/self_hosting

imsoulfly

imsoulfly

Hey there,
welcome to the same problem we had in my company as well. Have you checked if the following repos/projects might suffice for your problem as well. The second one is a solution that also run in my companys infrastructure and is basically built upon Wojteks idea

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews