type1fool
Heyo @zachdaniel!
This topic continues a conversation that started in the Igniter topic.
The component generators turned out nicely, and I can’t wait to use them on new projects.
I’m working on a new generator for adding Commanded and related config to projects.
When I attempt to add config for a module within my app, the generated config is appended to the top-level app config with string atoms as the keys. What I was expecting was a separate block of config with the module as the second argument, followed by the KW list.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a possible bug?
Expected
config :yolo,
ecto_repos: [Yolo.Repo],
generators: [timestamp_type: :utc_datetime],
consistency: :eventual,
event_stores: [Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore]
config :yolo, Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore,
migration_primary_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_foreign_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_timestamps: [type: :utc_datetime_usec]
config :yolo, Yolo.EventSystem.Application,
event_store: [
adapter: Commanded.EventStore.Adapters.EventStore,
event_store: Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore
],
phoenix_pubsub: [adapter: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2, pool_size: 1],
pubsub: :local,
registry: :local,
snapshotting: %{}
Actual
config :yolo,
ecto_repos: [Yolo.Repo],
generators: [timestamp_type: :utc_datetime],
consistency: :eventual,
event_stores: [Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore],
"Elixir.Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore": [
migration_primary_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_foreign_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_timestamps: [type: :utc_datetime_usec]
],
"Elixir.Yolo.EventSystem.Application": [
event_store: [
adapter: Commanded.EventStore.Adapters.EventStore,
event_store: Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore
],
phoenix_pubsub: [adapter: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2, pool_size: 1],
pubsub: :local,
registry: :local,
snapshotting: %{}
]
Igniter Code
igniter
|> Igniter.compose_task("cauldron.install.ecto", [])
|> Igniter.Project.Deps.add_dep({:commanded, "~> 1.4"})
|> Igniter.Project.Deps.add_dep({:commanded_ecto_projections, "~> 1.4"})
|> Igniter.Project.Deps.add_dep({:commanded_eventstore_adapter, "~> 1.4"})
|> Igniter.apply_and_fetch_dependencies(yes: true)
|> Igniter.Project.Config.configure("config.exs", app_name, :consistency, :eventual)
|> Igniter.Project.Config.configure("config.exs", app_name, :event_stores, [
event_store_module
])
|> Igniter.Project.Config.configure(
"config.exs",
app_name,
event_store_module,
migration_primary_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_foreign_key: [type: :binary_id],
migration_timestamps: [type: :utc_datetime_usec]
)
|> Igniter.Project.Config.configure(
"config.exs",
app_name,
event_system_application_module,
event_store: [
adapter: Commanded.EventStore.Adapters.EventStore,
event_store: event_store_module
],
phoenix_pubsub: [
adapter: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2,
pool_size: 1
],
pubsub: :local,
registry: :local,
snapshotting: %{}
)
Module Variables at Runtime
Running the command in the :yolo sandbox app, these are the values used for the config path:
event_store_module = Yolo.EventSystem.EventStore
event_system_application_module = Yolo.EventSystem.Application
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
type1fool
After generating a new config block with module names rendered as proper atoms, this does appear to be a bug. I opened #104 in the repo for this.
zachdaniel
zachdaniel
Fixed
type1fool
Excellent!

I will give it a shot tomorrow.
type1fool
@zachdaniel Congrats on releasing the update feature!
I’m rewriting a Mix.Task with Igniter, and I’m curious what Igniter.Mix.Task.Info.aliases would do and how to use it. I’m guessing this is where short options would go a la
--migration→-m. Is that right?Do you have an example?
zachdaniel
Yes, that is correct. It’s used with
OptionParser, so-mwould be used asm: :migration, for example.