odyright

odyright

I was running Angular 5 and Phoenix framework and I’m trying to send a POST request to Phoenix. i got 422 Unprocessable error
enter image description here

I have the following code:

enrollment.component.ts

saveEnrollment()
{
    this.enrservice.saveEnrollment(this.enrollment)
        .then(
            (enrollment: Enrollment) => {
                // Show the success message
                this.snackBar.open('Enrollment success', 'OK', {
                    verticalPosition: 'top',
                    duration        : 6000
                });
          
            });
}

enrollment.component.ts

saveEnrollment(enrollment: Enrollment)
{
    return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
        this.http.post(API_URL, enrollment)
            .subscribe((response: any) => {
                resolve(response);
            }, reject);
    });
}

enrollment.model.ts

export class Enrollment {
id: number;
firstName: string;
lastName: string;
address: string;
city: string;
state: string;
postalCode: string;

constructor(enrollment?)
{
    enrollment = enrollment || {};
    /* this.id = enrollment.id || FuseUtils.generateGUID(); */
    this.id = enrollment.id || '';
    this.firstName = enrollment.firstName || '';
    this.lastName = enrollment.lastName || '';
    this.address = enrollment.address || '';
    this.city = enrollment.city || '';
    this.state = enrollment.state || '';
    this.postalCode = enrollment.postalCode || '';
}}

and when i try to submit the form..i got that result:

[info] POST /api/enrollments
[debug] Processing with UmappWeb.EnrollmentController.create/2
Parameters: %{"address" => "", "city" => "", "firstName" => "", "id" => "", 
"lastName" => "", "postalCode" => "", "state" => ""}
 Pipelines: [:api]
[info] Sent 422 in 0┬Ás

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. please i need advise or help! thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 10

idi527

idi527

this.enrollment seems to be {} for some reason.

422 is probably returned because of errors in ecto changeset? Didn’t know phoenix does this automatically. Do you have any action_fallbacks for UmappWeb.EnrollmentController?

odyright

odyright OP

I don’t have fallback actions, but for this case as phoenix is serving as an API, i used “Cors_plug” .
enrollment.controller.ex

  def create(conn, enrollment_params) do
    with {:ok, %Enrollment{} = enrollment} <- UME.create_enrollment(enrollment_params) do
      conn
      |> put_status(:created)
      |> put_resp_header("location", enrollment_path(conn, :show, enrollment))
      |> put_resp_content_type("application/json")
      |> render("show.json", enrollment: enrollment)
    end
  end

router.ex.

      scope "/api", UmappWeb do
        pipe_through :api
        resources "/enrollments", EnrollmentController, except: [:new, :edit]
        options   "/enrollments", EnrollmentController, :options
        options   "/enrollments/:id", EnrollmentController, :options
      end
odyright

odyright OP

Harrrrr, it seems the problem is the angular’s part..when i investigated the request payload part shown blank data for each input sent to the server(phoenix framework) but i don’t know where i’m wrong ///// :tired_face::tired_face:

odyright

odyright OP

anyone .. have an idea?

idi527

idi527

You would need to provide more information, probably. Or try to trace this enrollment object up to its creation, and see why it is empty.

odyright

odyright OP

As you said @idi527 i traced it and i fixed the code responsible of that ..it was “client-side”. But the other error i got is 400 Bad request and it seems some parameters are missing in my code, but which i don’t know.
any help.?

outlog

outlog

the error message looks pretty good - "could not find matching App.Controller.create clause..

how does your create function look like in the controller?

odyright

odyright OP

@outlog

def create(conn, %{"enrollment" => enrollment_params}) do
    with {:ok, %Enrollment{} = enrollment} <- UME.create_enrollment(enrollment_params) do
      conn
      |> put_status(:created)
      |> put_resp_header("location", enrollment_path(conn, :show, enrollment))
      |> render("show.json", enrollment: enrollment)
    end
  end
amnu3387

amnu3387

Just copy the line from the error page, below “The request parameters are:”

Paste that into a text editor, now take your create function head parameters and paste it below that, %{"enrollment" => enrollment_params}. Can they match?

odyright

odyright OP

@amnu3387 like that..?
%{“address” => “s”, “city” => “s”, “firstName” => “f”, “lastName” => “s”, “postalCode” => “s”, “state” => “s”}
%{“enrollment” => enrollment_params}

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews