mikesax
Hi there — I feel a bit like a kid in the back of the car asking “are we there yet” but… when is the new Ash book “Building Web Applications with Ash” by Zach Daniel and Rebecca Le coming out? Is there a preview available? I put off learning Ash when initially learning Elixir/Phoenix (because it was all just too much new stuff) but I’d love to have this book to dive in.
Thank you!
— Mike
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
vkryukov
I’m patiently waiting for it myself. If @zachdaniel or @sevenseacat need a beta reader / guinea pig, I’m more than happy to help.
zachdaniel
mikesax
Thank you Zach, much appreciated! FWIW, I hope you’ll do a beta-book, which Pragmatic Bookshelf is quite good at running, and a community of readers who understand how beta-books work with a high tolerance for missing chapters and major changes.
zachdaniel
nickurban
Excited to see this! Will definitely be purchasing…
bobek
Aaah, the product page is up:
but not available for purchase yet
sevenseacat
Make sure to sign up for the PragProg newsletter and you’ll find out straight away when it becomes available for purchase! The newsletter gets sent out every Wednesday
mikesax
It’s for sale right now! (the beta book) I just bought it!
odd
I got my copy just a few minutes ago!
Pal
Congratulations and thanks to you and Rebecca for the great book.
It’s clearing up some of my misconceptions… and I’m loving Ash more the more that I read.