Any resources to learn OTP?

I’ve read some books, like ’ Designing Elixir Systems With OTP’, 'Functional Web Development with Elixir’, ‘Adopting Elixir’, but still I feel I don’t know nothing about OTP because these seems to cover only a part of OTP.
Could you recommend some resources to learn OTP from the view point to investigate production system when some trouble happens and to know how my system works fine?

2 Likes

Hey, @kusokuzeshiki! Welcome to the forum :wave:

some resources to learn OTP from the view point to investigate production system when some trouble happens and to know how my system works fine?

Have you seen Stuff Goes Bad: Erlang in Anger?

It is first and foremost a collection of tips and tricks to help understand where failures come from, and a dictionary of different code snippets and practices that helped developers debug production systems that were built in Erlang.

5 Likes

if you want to learn something about OTP from the Elixir side, there at least 2 books I recommend:

or another approach:

your mentioned read books are more usable after one of the two above.

after reading Programming Phoenix LiveView: Interactive Elixir Web Programming Without Writing Any JavaScript by Bruce A. Tate and Sophie DeBenedetto everything from the “Designing Elixir systems with OTP” becomes more clear.

2 Likes

@RudManusachi @odix67 Thanks informations!
I’ll read them. Now, I’m on the way reading Elixir in Action(still in chapter 3).