Anyone at ElixirConf EU this year (18-19 April 2024)

Looks like the conference team have got a jam packed conference with lots of familiar faces in the speakers line up: https://www.elixirconf.eu

Speaking of familiar faces, it will be @NobbZ’s first year at the conference this year, if you see him say hi!

For those that attend, please also post your thoughts here - it might encourage someone to go to the next one! :smiley:

4 Likes

I arrived in Lisbon yesterday! This is my first time attending and I’m very excited. Many interesting topics and people I’ve only seen online until now.

6 Likes

Hopefully I will arrive at it as well, I want to shake hands with many great people I had the luck on connecting on this forum and not only!

Edit: Damn it is literally today, ah, maybe next year :frowning: .

3 Likes

:wave: I’m here, having a blast!

5 Likes

Ah you lucky son of a gun, I hope to meet you next year!!!

3 Likes

I had a nice first conference day yesterday, and am eager for the second!

I attended some nice and interesting talks. Some have been quite entertaining even. For the evening I found a group to join for dinner and a beer (or three).

Today I am much more open to “hallwaying”, and am planning to attend some event in a nearby park.

So if you are interested in having some discussion, feel free to just speak to me.

2 Likes

The most important question is: when is José’s keynote?

2 Likes

According to the agenda in the Whova app, it’s scheduled for 16:20

2 Likes

Second day was nice as well, even though I got struck by spontaneous tiredness after lunch and I just skipped 2 talks, sitting in the “chill out” area.

During the mini meetup in the park after the conference some very nice discussions arose.

In general it seems to me, the discussions with other attendees have been much more valuable to me than the talks (which still are valuable), and I find it interesting how different people have different take aways from the same talks!

A last shout-out and thank you to @sasajuric, I really enjoyed the training, it was really inspiring and even in the short time since then, we had a lot of opportunity to discuss our takings within the team. We learned a lot, even though you didn’t cover more complex “mocking” scenarios, which was what we hoped most for.

I really hope to be able to attend another ElixirConfEU in the upcoming years.

PS: I will probably be at the airport at 13:00, with boarding at about 15:00. I’m open for a coffee while waiting if there is some overlap with some of you leaving.

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. It was a nice experience, where the personal interactions were very valuable. Different people, different perspectives.

If you’re already in the community, there were no real surprises. Nevertheless, there were some excellent talks that made a good overview (thanks @cigrainger), or added new perspectives to what we already have in our toolbox (thanks @chrismccord and @josevalim). Other talks inspired to take elixir for a fun drive (literally!).

PS: if anyone is still in town this evening, and up for a chat around dinnertime (in the vicinity of the venue), send me DM.

5 Likes

When do you think the recordings will be publicly available? (asking as someone who couldn’t attend this year)

Likely not for at least 3 months.

1 Like

Yeah, the keynote talks might be released earlier though.

3 Likes

First one is already uploaded:

3 Likes

Don’t forget we automatically post @ElixirConf and @CodeSync vids in our Talks section as and when they become available depending on their place in the queue.

One gets posted a day, either here if it has Elixir in the title (or is from @ElixirConf) otherwise on erlangforums.com - oldest we have on file gets posted first :023:

1 Like