Anyone interested in fintech and (within reason) in blockchain?

Hi fellow Elixirists!

You may have seen almost identical post on Clojureverse, I’ll explain why later down in the post.

I was wondering who’s interested in fintech and, to certain extent, in blockchain? With pragmatic view of blockchain, not succumbing to any hype, please. I would be interested in connecting with you, exchange some experience, maybe see if we can help each other, potentially work together on some projects.

I am a senior product designer by profession. I think I’m not a total moron in that area, for the last couple of years I was redesigning the whole Deutsche Telekom / T-Mobile Smarthome solution (not released yet) and now I’m working on new version of Vodafone TV. Please keep this for yourself, I just wanted to mention some credentials.

I have also background in finance, worked for Ernst & Young doing mergers & acquisitions and international tax planning & structuring. Recently I also finished a Fintech course at Wharton (one of the ivy league business schools, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk and Donald Trump attended :D)

The project I’m working on is called FairPay (https://www.fairpay.live/ ). The core concept is “money streaming” – transacting money in a continuous flow (sort of like web sockets), rather than in isolated transactions that is the traditional model used for a thousand years. This may involve technologies like Lightning Network, Layer 2 on Ethereum, Plasma, etc. etc. – that’s one of the topics to be figured out. I have several avenues how to meaningfully make use of this, e.g. streaming wallets pluggable to multiple service providers to allow “pay per use” in realtime, new approaches in dynamic pricing, maximizing the revenue and finding price equilibriums, etc. etc.

I am still in somewhat early stages, designing the product(s) and experience. I was able to create some simple prototypes in Elixir (my other favourite ecosystem). However it’s obvious that sooner or later I will need help of serious experienced developer(s). I am a big fan of Clojure, Rich Hickey, and the whole Clojureverse – that’s why I initially posted there. But I am also a big lover of Elixir, Erlang, BEAM, even LFE (Lisp Flavored Erlang). It’s the only technology in which I am able to write basic stuff, despite not being a pro developer. And I believe this project should probably be based either on Clojure or on Elixir/Erlang, although I am quite openminded, and happy to discuss other options.

If these topics interest you, it’s something you’d like to work on, have your own project in mind, consider joining me in my endeavour, or just wanted to have a chat and see, please ping me, I’d be very glad to talk! Let’s take it from there.

Thank you

Josef Richter
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josefrichter/

4 Likes

That’s a wonderful idea, Josef, thanks for sharing it.

Also, the Warton course looks interesting, especially the third chapter.

@josefrichter I like your streaming idea. I’ve been working heads down during covid on a novel approach in order to make blockchain and crypto more applicable to the rest of tech. Like you, I also have a background with some finance/economics in addition to my technical background.

Let me know if you’re up for chatting. I’m not on here much but my email is me at laszlo dot xyz.

Cheers,
Laszlo