tomazbracic

tomazbracic

Hi,

was just wondering if anyone owns this book?

Elixir Programming for Real-Time Applications: Stop Juggling Frameworks, Conquer Scalability, and Craft Production-Ready Apps (Without the Headaches)

Is it good? I can see that this author has various “trendy” titles so I am wondering.

I appreciate the feedback.

Showing Posts 1 to 8

Nefcairon

Nefcairon

So the author published 13 books in a month. If it isn’t scam, it is AI-coauthored. Will be interesting if the content is worth the money.

DidactMacros

DidactMacros

I doubt it, I tried to generate a regex guide for myself using an LLM search parser/text generator.

All they (LLM search parsers) do effectively is repackage information and mimic tone, the capacity for depth is so poor that you can even sense it when spoken aloud by one who is trying to present the work as organic.

I would say they are a great tool for shallow searches, which makes them a good learning asset, for now.

Nefcairon

Nefcairon

But the question is not if you can code with the use of LLM, but if you can use it to write tons of books in a short time. A subtle difference.

DidactMacros

DidactMacros

Of course, I was not talking about coding, but about writing useful guides on coding using LLM search parsers.

The idea being that the LLM amalgamates relevant guides and then regurgitates them in a more digestible format.

What I’ve found is that due to the lack of actual intelligence, the veracity of LLM generated guides is shallow, at any relevant depth the loss of consistency is so apparent that the veracity of the information is very obviously diminished.

hellosmithy

hellosmithy

Thanks for sharing this. As a newcomer to Elixir I just came across one of the above authors books about Elixir and Phoenix and was considering purchasing. Will stick to something more tried and true now!

AstonJ

AstonJ

Welcome Ben! Check out our Learning Resources > Books and Learning Resources > Courses sections :023:

hellosmithy

hellosmithy

Perfect thanks. I’ve just read Elixir in Action which was great. I’m looking to get stuck into Phoenix now so will take a look through these resources.

arcanemachine

arcanemachine

Wow, the Learning Resources > Books section is a goldmine!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Chat/Questions Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews