sadcad
I love the Phoenix and Elixir docs, but I always tend to learn faster when I watch a video of someone explaining things and then I implement it myself.
Any suggestions ? Youtube doesn’t have much to offer and usually for other frameworks there are free resources available.
Thanks in advance!
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zacksiri
We have some free videos on our site. They’re marked with “public” you are welcome to take a look https://www.codemy.net/posts/elixir-setup-plug-and-cowboy-004/sets/elixir-foundation
malloryerik
On YouTube the Tensor Programming videos are quite good. I found out about them through @OvermindDL1 on this forum. They give a clear explanation of processes, for example.
Also, I understand if you can’t afford it but I’d generally recommend buying content. I know that I typically take videos more seriously if I’ve bought them. If you decide that you can spend a bit of dosh, there’s this thread: https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/are-there-any-premium-videos-for-learning-phoenix/.
I can personally vouch for PragDave’s course and the stuff at Pragmatic Studio.
jed
Try Elixir Casts. Many of their videos are free, which can be viewed either on their official site or on their Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJIWmO9DIE83i6_qmJXqjQ
omgneering
I made a series of videos on GenServer basics with a few usage examples at omgneering.com (It’s a youtube channel)
zkessin
I have a lot of videos on my channel “The Beam Channel” https://www.youtube.com/c/beamchannel
There is nothing much on Phoenix yet, but a lot on Elixir and Erlang. I am sure I will do some Phoenix stuff at some point.
sfusato
Check out the
Screencastssection ofAwesome Elixir:https://github.com/h4cc/awesome-elixir#screencasts
Then there’s also a similar section on
elixir-lang.org:mstibbard
If you aren’t entirely new to programming then I can highly recommend Alchemist Camp on YouTube.