papakay

papakay

Please i’m having issue getting Samly(Samly - Add SAML SSO to your Phoenix application (now with multiple identity provider support)) to work in my phoenix app. I have installed as stated in the readme details.

Below is what my config looks like

config :samly, Samly.Provider,
  idp_id_from: :path_segment,
  service_providers: [
    %{
      id: "entsp",
      certfile: "priv/keys/samly.crt",
      keyfile: "priv/keys/samly.pem"
    }
  ],
  identity_providers: [
    %{
      id: "entidp",
      sp_id: "entsp",
      metadata_file: "idp_metadata.xml"
    }
  ]

While testing the login with the link http://localhost:4000/sso/auth/signin/entidp, i got Argument error

[error] #PID<0.704.0> running EnterpriseWeb.Endpoint (cowboy_protocol) terminated
Server: localhost:4000 (http)
Request: POST /sso/auth/signin/entidp
** (exit) an exception was raised:
    ** (ArgumentError) argument error
        :erlang.binary_to_list(nil)
        (xmerl) xmerl_lib.erl:69: :xmerl_lib.export_text/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:191: :xmerl.export_content/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:224: :xmerl.export_element/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:199: :xmerl.export_content/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:199: :xmerl.export_content/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:224: :xmerl.export_element/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:199: :xmerl.export_content/2
        (xmerl) xmerl.erl:168: :xmerl.export1/3
        (esaml) /Library/WebServer/Documents/enterprise/deps/esaml/src/esaml_binding.erl:77: :esaml_binding.encode_http_post/3
        (samly) lib/samly/router_util.ex:94: Samly.RouterUtil.send_saml_request/5
        (samly) lib/samly/auth_router.ex:1: Samly.AuthRouter.plug_builder_call/2
        (plug) lib/plug/router/utils.ex:92: Plug.Router.Utils.forward/4
        (samly) lib/samly/router.ex:1: Samly.Router.plug_builder_call/2
        (phoenix) lib/phoenix/router/route.ex:147: Phoenix.Router.Route.forward/4
        (phoenix) lib/phoenix/router.ex:278: Phoenix.Router.__call__/1
        (enterprise) lib/enterprise_web/endpoint.ex:1: EnterpriseWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
        (enterprise) lib/plug/debugger.ex:102: EnterpriseWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
        (enterprise) lib/enterprise_web/endpoint.ex:1: EnterpriseWeb.Endpoint.call/2
        (plug) lib/plug/adapters/cowboy/handler.ex:16: Plug.Adapters.Cowboy.Handler.upgrade/4

Please how can i resolve this? Thanks.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Isn’t this a duplicate of Samly - Add SAML SSO to your Phoenix application (now with multiple identity provider support) - #12 by papakay that I answered at:

:slight_smile:

papakay

papakay OP

Please kindly pardon me for the duplicate, further conversations has been moved to Samly - Add SAML SSO to your Phoenix application (now with multiple identity provider support) - #12 by papakay

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews