anibal

anibal

I created a fresh project for Phoenix using mix archive.install hex phx_new 1.8.0-rc.3 and then mix phx.new foo_bar cded to the project and when I ran mix igniter.install … got this error:

╰─❯ mix igniter.install ash ash ash_phoenix ash_postgres \                                                 
            ash_oban oban_web live_debugger ash_ai --yes \
            && mix ash.setup
Updating project's igniter dependency ✔
checking for igniter in project ✔
compiling igniter ✔
compile ✔
Dependency ash is already in mix.exs with the desired version. Skipping.
compiling 8 packages ✔

Successfully installed:

* ash
* ash_phoenix
* ash_postgres
* ash_oban
* oban_web
* live_debugger
* ash_ai
==> json_xema
Compiling 4 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) cannot inject attribute @schemas into function/macro because cannot escape #Reference<0.15363445.1713504257.22840>. The supported values are: lists, tuples, maps, atoms, numbers, bitstrings, PIDs and remote functions in the format &Mod.fun/arity
    (elixir 1.18.4) lib/kernel.ex:3777: Kernel.do_at_escape/2
    (elixir 1.18.4) expanding macro: Kernel.@/1
    lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex:314: JsonXema.SchemaValidator.validate/2
could not compile dependency :json_xema, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile json_xema --force", update it with "mix deps.update json_xema" or clean it with "mix deps.clean json_xema"

Same error with:

╰─❯ mix ash_ai.gen.chat --live                                                                             ─╯
==> json_xema
Compiling 4 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) cannot inject attribute @schemas into function/macro because cannot escape #Reference<0.776695197.3324903427.261614>. The supported values are: lists, tuples, maps, atoms, numbers, bitstrings, PIDs and remote functions in the format &Mod.fun/arity
    (elixir 1.18.4) lib/kernel.ex:3777: Kernel.do_at_escape/2
    (elixir 1.18.4) expanding macro: Kernel.@/1
    lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex:314: JsonXema.SchemaValidator.validate/2
could not compile dependency :json_xema, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile json_xema --force", update it with "mix deps.update json_xema" or clean it with "mix deps.clean json_xema"

╰─❯ mix deps.compile json_xema --force                                                                     ─╯
==> json_xema
Compiling 4 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) cannot inject attribute @schemas into function/macro because cannot escape #Reference<0.2451391228.1177419777.222232>. The supported values are: lists, tuples, maps, atoms, numbers, bitstrings, PIDs and remote functions in the format &Mod.fun/arity
    (elixir 1.18.4) lib/kernel.ex:3777: Kernel.do_at_escape/2
    (elixir 1.18.4) expanding macro: Kernel.@/1
    lib/json_xema/schema_validator.ex:314: JsonXema.SchemaValidator.validate/2
could not compile dependency :json_xema, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile json_xema --force", update it with "mix deps.update json_xema" or clean it with "mix deps.clean json_xema"

I’m pretty new to Elixir, and this one if beyond me. About to try again from scratch.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

anibal

anibal OP

Ummm, interesting the Ash version in mix.exs is 3.0.0… why igniter set this if latest is 3.5.12?

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

You may just be seeing ~> 3.0? That means “the latest compatible with that specification version”.

Regardless: many packages out there are still not compatible with OTP 28. Please open issues on those projects expressing the issue.

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Looks like they’ve just fixed this :smiley:

anibal

anibal OP

You are right, {:ash, "~> 3.0"}, thanks for pointing the obvious. I just ran the suggested command from the Ash HQ webpage and everything went well with the basic modules:

mix igniter.install ash ash ash_phoenix ash_postgres ash_authentication \
ash_authentication_phoenix ash_admin live_debugger --auth-strategy magic_link \
--yes && mix ash. setup

So I moved ahead with mix igniter.install ash_ai that worked without problem, and then with mix ash_ai.gen.chat and then a similar error on another library, will raise the issue to those maintainers. Meanwhile managed to fix the version so nothing breaks apart, Thanks!

The other failing lib is open_api_spex:

╰─❯ mix ash_ai.gen.chat                                                                                    ─╯
==> open_api_spex
Compiling 80 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/open_api_spex/cast_parameters.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) cannot inject attribute @default_parsers into function/macro because cannot escape #Reference<0.1333809977.2146041858.61048>. The supported values are: lists, tuples, maps, atoms, numbers, bitstrings, PIDs and remote functions in the format &Mod.fun/arity
    (elixir 1.18.4) lib/kernel.ex:3777: Kernel.do_at_escape/2
    (elixir 1.18.4) expanding macro: Kernel.@/1
    lib/open_api_spex/cast_parameters.ex:123: OpenApiSpex.CastParameters.cast_location/6
could not compile dependency :open_api_spex, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile open_api_spex --force", update it with "mix deps.update open_api_spex" or clean it with "mix deps.clean open_api_spex"
```
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews