wolfiton

wolfiton

Hi everyone,

I managed to install node but not erlang

How to install Erlang with asdf?

I tried the following
asdf install erlang Erlang/OTP 22

asdf install erlang 22

Also couldn’t find a command to lists all available versions for a package does it exist?

They are not valid so which is an Erlang valid version?

Thanks in advance

Showing Posts 1 to 8

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Use this to get the list…

$ asdf list-all erlang
...
22.0
22.0-rc1
22.0-rc2
22.0-rc3
22.0.1
22.0.2
22.0.3
22.0.4
22.0.5
22.0.6
22.0.7
22.1
22.1.1
22.1.2
22.1.3
22.1.4
22.1.5
22.1.6
22.1.7
22.1.8
wolfiton

wolfiton OP

Thanks @kokolegorille

I managed to install the erlang package now

hassan

hassan

For future reference: virtually every CLI program responds to something like e.g. asdf help (or sometimes --help, -h).

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

for asdf, You don’t even need to pass a flag, asdf returns the list of options :slight_smile:

wolfiton

wolfiton OP

Thanks @hassan already know those shortcuts, also I was used with nvm which is simple and clear. asdf is in another dimension(alien) for me at the moment also don’t like to add the repos by hand

wolfiton

wolfiton OP

Yes i used asdf command right after i installed it but as i mentioned in my earlier post it is not as easy to use as nvm. So i will need some time to accommodate with the new changes

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

nvm is just for nodes, while asdf can manage more plugins.

wolfiton

wolfiton OP

I know that nvm is for node only, but it’s ease of use made it so appealing for me and asdf doesn’t have automation.But I am trying to learn and use it.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews