Chrichton
I am creating an admin app with data similar to the Tunez app from the Ash book from PragPro.
I want to query the artists by name sorted by name.
Using the tunez code, I am able to query via:
Tunez.Music.search_artists!("a", query: [sort_input: "name"])
When querying with my app via:
Tuneshg.Music.search_artists!("a", query: [sort_input: "name"])
I get:
** (Ash.Error.Invalid)
Invalid Error
* No such field name for resource Tuneshg.Music.Artist
at sort
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/error/query/no_such_field.ex:5: Ash.Error.Query.NoSuchField.exception/1
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/sort/sort.ex:210: Ash.Sort.parse_sort/3
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/sort/sort.ex:131: anonymous fn/4 in Ash.Sort.parse_input/3
(elixir 1.18.1) lib/enum.ex:4964: Enumerable.List.reduce/3
(elixir 1.18.1) lib/enum.ex:2600: Enum.reduce_while/3
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/sort/sort.ex:130: Ash.Sort.parse_input/3
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/query/query.ex:323: Ash.Query.sort_input/3
(elixir 1.18.1) lib/enum.ex:2546: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
(tuneshg 0.1.0) deps/ash/lib/ash/code_interface.ex:676: Tuneshg.Music.search_artists!/3
(elixir 1.18.1) src/elixir.erl:386: :elixir.eval_external_handler/3
(stdlib 6.2) erl_eval.erl:919: :erl_eval.do_apply/7
(elixir 1.18.1) src/elixir.erl:364: :elixir.eval_forms/4
(elixir 1.18.1) lib/module/parallel_checker.ex:120: Module.ParallelChecker.verify/1
(iex 1.18.1) lib/iex/evaluator.ex:336: IEx.Evaluator.eval_and_inspect/3
(iex 1.18.1) lib/iex/evaluator.ex:310: IEx.Evaluator.eval_and_inspect_parsed/3
(iex 1.18.1) lib/iex/evaluator.ex:299: IEx.Evaluator.parse_eval_inspect/4
(iex 1.18.1) lib/iex/evaluator.ex:189: IEx.Evaluator.loop/1
(iex 1.18.1) lib/iex/evaluator.ex:34: IEx.Evaluator.init/5
(stdlib 6.2) proc_lib.erl:329: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/error/invalid.ex:3: Ash.Error.Invalid.exception/1
(ash 3.4.55) /Volumes/Quizzlab/Projects/tuneshg/deps/splode/lib/splode.ex:264: Ash.Error.to_class/2
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/error/error.ex:108: Ash.Error.to_error_class/2
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash/actions/read/read.ex:29: Ash.Actions.Read.run/3
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash.ex:2008: Ash.read/2
(ash 3.4.55) lib/ash.ex:1966: Ash.read!/2
iex:4: (file)
The artist search action, and attributes are the same
The album define :search_artists are the same.
What could be the reason for the Ash.Error?
How can I evaluate what field is missing?
Thanks for your reply, Heiko
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sevenseacat
The
nameattribute needs to be marked aspublic? trueAs
sort_inputis intended for use with untrusted input, such as from a query string, you need to explicitly allow each field that you allow to be sorted on, by making them public.Chrichton
Oh my.
Thank you again Rebecca.
Again you are right
And you are faster than lightning!
It works and now my admin tool for Artists and Albums is complete.
I promise not to ask anything today
Have a nice Saturday.
Best wishes from Heiko