sezaru

sezaru

Hey, I use AshAuthentication in my User resource with the password strategy.

I want to expose the sign_in_with_password action via AshGraphQL. I’m trying to do it like this:

read_one :sign_in_with_password, :sign_in_with_password do
  as_mutation? true
end

This will give the following error:

** (Spark.Error.DslError) [Marketplace.Accounts.User]
 Queries for actions with metadata must have a type configured on the query.

The sign_in_with_password action on Marketplace.Accounts.User has the following metadata fields:

* token

To generate a new type and include the metadata in that type, provide a new type
name, for example `type :user_with_token`.

To ignore the generated metadata, use the same type as the default.

    (ash_graphql 0.26.2) lib/resource/verifiers/verify_query_metadata.ex:24: anonymous fn/2 in AshGraphql.Resource.Verifiers.VerifyQueryMetadata.verify/1
    (elixir 1.15.5) lib/enum.ex:984: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
    (ash_graphql 0.26.2) lib/resource/verifiers/verify_query_metadata.ex:12: AshGraphql.Resource.Verifiers.VerifyQueryMetadata.verify/1
    (marketplace 1.3.2) lib/marketplace/accounts/user.ex:1: anonymous fn/1 in Marketplace.Accounts.User.__verify_spark_dsl__/1
    (elixir 1.15.5) lib/enum.ex:984: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
    (marketplace 1.3.2) lib/marketplace/accounts/user.ex:1: Marketplace.Accounts.User.__verify_spark_dsl__/1
    (elixir 1.15.5) lib/enum.ex:984: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
    (elixir 1.15.5) lib/module/parallel_checker.ex:271: Module.ParallelChecker.check_module/3
    (elixir 1.15.5) lib/module/parallel_checker.ex:82: anonymous fn/6 in Module.ParallelChecker.spawn/4
** (EXIT from #PID<0.1455.0>) shell process exited with reason: an exception was raised:
    ** (Spark.Error.DslError) [Marketplace.Accounts.User]

What an I doing wrong here?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

sezaru

sezaru OP

Fixed it, I was missing this field:

read_one :sign_in_with_password, :sign_in_with_password do
  as_mutation? true

  type_name :user_with_token
end

Maybe the code is a little bit outdated?

Here:

To generate a new type and include the metadata in that type, provide a new type
name, for example `type :user_with_token`.

Shouldn’t it say type_name :user_with_token instead?

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

That action returns additional metadata, and so cannot use the default type name of :user. To see what I mean, add the type :user_with_token config to your mutation:

read_one :sign_in_with_password, :sign_in_with_password do
  as_mutation? true
  type_name :user_with_metadata
end

EDIT: changed type to type_name in the example above.

sezaru

sezaru OP

There is not type field for read_one queries in AshGraphql, the correct name is type_name

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

ah, right :slight_smile: That is what I meant. Did that work?

sezaru

sezaru OP

Yep, worked great :smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews