pcharbon
This library allows you do easily design multi-band hierarchical reports similarly to Crystal Reports from SAP using its own built-in DSL. It also allows you to create 9 types of charts using the same DSL. You can find a series of comprehensive user and developer guides on hexdocs.
Here are some teaser images from the Online demo (should be up in a few minutes sorry!)
You can also find the code for the demo which requires no database at Ash Reports Demo
The library can be found on Hex.pm as ash_reports
Documentation can be found on HexDocs
https://github.com/accountex-org/ash_reports
Enjoy!
Pascal
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex













Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ghannam80
Thanks for building this one, it is a good one to introduce Elixir/Phoenix/Ash especially in enterprises that use databases which have data layers already available.
I tried accessing demo but I am getting failure error “http error 503”
pcharbon
Oops will look into it sorry. In the meantime you can clone the AshReportsDemo and just run it. It uses json generated data. You will only have the small dataset but you can easily generate the other ones with a mix command.
ghannam80
How I can use it with Oracle as in legacy enterprises we still have many apps running with Oracle? Unfortunately, FDW is not an option.
pcharbon
As long as your AshDomain has a datalayer then it will be usable with that data layer. The demo application uses an ETS datalayer so its all in memory. But if you can run ash queries in your domain then it is going to work. I am not sure if there is an Ash data_layer for Oracle though.
Currently the library is tied to Ash framework as an extension but I may extract it as a more generic Elixir library at a later time if there is interest.
jsonbecker
I would be extremely interested in a version of this that is not tied to Ash (not opposed to Ash, just have immediate potential use outside of that).
ghannam80
Thanks, I took a quick look at docs and I couldn’t find an answer to the following :
Let us assume we have long running reports with fixed criteria but could be needed by multiple teams, can we schedule it and then save result instead of running it again when another user requset it?
pcharbon
I will look into that, it should be doable since Spark DSL is not actually tied to Ash even if its under the Ash framework custody. The Dsl currently assume a few things regarding the resources that it is querying based on Ash.Domain and Ash.Resources. It should be doable to allow the passing of a simple data stream.
pcharbon
You should be able to cache reports in ETS pretty easily and the library exposes a save function (or it should anyway). The DSL allows you to generate the report but what you do with the result is up to you. You can have a look at the ash_reports_demo repository. The demo allows you to save the report in different modes (PDF, HTML,etc) which should give you a good example.