Hey Elixir Enthusiasts!
I’ve got something cool for you. It’s a free book on Elixir that dives into the nitty-gritty of concurrency and processes. Perfect if you already know the basics of Elixir and want to learn more about concurrency and processes in elixir. Check it out at Async Elixir Book.
This has been a side project I’ve dedicated time to for a while, and I’m thrilled to finally announce it.
In this book, I’ve distilled my own journey of understanding Elixir processes and tackled the very questions that used to perplex me.
Here, you won’t find deep dives into external libraries. Instead, our journey centers on the core concepts and the inner mechanisms of processes in Elixir. We’ll also explore the full potential of the Elixir standard library for handling processes.
Every explanation in the book is followed by code examples which you can edit and experiment with freely all thanks to livebook.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll find inside:
- Concurrency in elixir
- Basics of immutability and memory management
- Journey through Process Internals, Linking, Monitoring, Hibernation, Group Leaders and more
- GenServer Demystified
- Uncovering the Registry Module
- A Deep Dive into Supervisors: Supervision Strategies, Restart Strategies, Dynamic Supervisor, Partition Supervisor, and more
- Building a Download Manager Project with Real-World Application
- Demystifying Tasks: Introduction, Awaiting Tasks, Supervised Tasks, and Beyond
- Harnessing the Power of Agents
For the full detailed contents, check out the complete book!
The best part? It’s all free! While I’m planning a paid video course based on this material in the future, your feedback is invaluable!
If you enjoy the content, please consider supporting me by:
- Starring the repo
- Spreading the word
- Reporting issues
- Sponsoring the project
Check it out at Async Elixir Book.
I’d like to express my gratitude to the incredible Elixir community, the invaluable resources such as pragmatic books, this forum, countless blog posts, and the Elixir Radar newsletter. These have been instrumental in my Elixir journey, and without them, this book would not have been possible. Your support means the world!