Atom Code Editor - General Discussion, Blog Posts, Wiki

wiki

Hah. I was looking into one of the other packages you mentioned, elixir-cmd, and at the bottom of its readme it has:

it is active when the project has a mix file in its root directory

At some point in the past, I started using Atom at the base directory of my repo and not the umbrella app. This has brought back the functions. I wonder if atom-elixir works now.

Edit: Submitted a PR for the readme.

2 Likes

Heh, yeah almost all atom language packages work by assuming you open the project directory as the root, almost none can work otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Indeed. But should a newcomer to the ecosystem have to have that kind of special knowledge? I only ask in reference to ease the onboarding process. It’s always obvious once you know the answer!

2 Likes

Hi all, I’ve made the first post a Wiki for you - anyone at Trust Level 1 or higher can add/edit info into it :023:

@ibgib, as the wiki owner, please keep any eye on things (help prevent spammers adding links etc). If at any point you can no longer oversee it let us know and we can assign someone else to it - thanks :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Made an edit to add a package list to the wiki-post, feel free to add more (though I think I’m using them all?) ^.^

EDIT: Hmm, think adding my image might be useful to show it off on the first post? Maybe one of the package readme animations might be better?

0 Likes

Up to you :023:

Here’s our Spacemacs Wiki if you fancy seeing what we’ve done there :slight_smile:

0 Likes

@OvermindDL1 I’ve played briefly with credo, but I’ve not used the atom plugin at all. Would you mind adding some setup for how you config & use this? (linter-elixir-credo)

0 Likes

I just use a standard .credo.exs file in my root project directory to configure it, have it part of my project, installed the atom addon, not a whole lot to it, it is just a plugin into the linter package.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with EEx syntax highlighting? Mine doesn’t highlight any HTML.

0 Likes

@sotojuan Mine has highlighting like this. I am supposing it (yours) has an .eex extension? Also, which packages do you have installed?

0 Likes

Yeah IDK why mine isn’t working: http://i.imgur.com/WlneVYd.png

Using latest atom (1.9.9), latest language-elixir, latest atom-elixir. Might try reinstalling them.

0 Likes

I notice in that screenshot that you don’t have a mix file in the root of the atom window. I’ve found many packages require a mix file in the root in order to work.

0 Likes

I finally ended up installing credo recently, and these simple notes helped. The live linting is extremely fast!

1 Like

The error was that I used .eex and not .html.eex! :slight_smile: The syntax highlighter likes that better :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… I should have figured with the partial highlighting…duh! Glad it’s working. :smiley:

0 Likes

Your theme looks great, mind telling me what theme is it?

1 Like

I’m using Seti UI with the yellow colors. There is also a syntax theme as well, which I think is set to steel. It’s a little hard to see some of the highlights in the find/replace boxes, but I love the overall feel. :smiley:

0 Likes

Does anyone know who “msaraiva” is on github? The msaraiva/atom-elixir project has a major bug that needs ironed out (and I put the fix in the issue too), been weeks with no activity…

0 Likes

Ping him on Twitter? https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlusSaraiva

0 Likes

Uh, hmm, if I can remember my twitter password… I don’t use twitter. ^.^

0 Likes