floodico
Hello community,
I’ve been exploring the possibility of programmatically setting files in the browser and associating them with a live_file_input in a Phoenix LiveView application. I’ve attempted the following script, but it doesn’t seem to be working as expected:
let file = new File([e.detail.blob], "avatar_preview.png", { type: "image/png" });
let fileInput = document.querySelector('input[name="avatar_preview"]');
let dataTransfer = new DataTransfer();
dataTransfer.items.add(file);
fileInput.files = dataTransfer.files;
Unfortunately, the file does not appear to be assigned to the live_file_input as intended. I’ve tried various approaches, such as updating the files property multiple times, but without success.
Is there a way to programmatically update the live_file_input or its associated ref data attributes to achieve the desired file association? Any insights or guidance on how to approach this challenge would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
floodico
found the solution
DaAnalyst
I didn’t find this necessary because in my case the vanilla approach with
DataTransferworks fine (thelive_file_inputmust be empty at the time you set itsfilesthough).However, what I’m still missing is how to make it track progress when doing it this way. At first it’s stuck at 0% and next thing you know it uploaded. I imagine this is because I am bypassing its default mechanism, but it would help to know what else needs to be done so that it all works as if triggered by user.
UPDATE: False alarm. It works properly with progress and all. It was just that the file was too small. With bigger files the progress is shown.