aloukissas

aloukissas

I’ve used Automated Persistent Queries in Apollo Server before and it was a sizeable performance boost (combined with leveraging CDN).

Is this available out of the box in Absinthe? It doesn’t seem so from the docs. Has perhaps anyone attempted to do this with Absinthe?

Showing Posts 1 to 7

maartenvanvliet

maartenvanvliet

Wrote a library a long time ago to handle this apq | Hex
Should still work if nothing in the apq spec has changed

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

I love that I have no idea what this even is and yet there’s a library that makes work! :smile:

aloukissas

aloukissas OP

Incredible! Thx for the prompt reply.

meraj_enigma

meraj_enigma

Just wanted to give a shout out!! I recently used the library with a project and it works great!

However, I am at Elixir 1.18 and this has built in JSON module which should replace Jason. I noticed this module is not loaded automatically with just setting json_codec: JSON

iex(1)> Kernel.function_exported?(JSON, :decode!, 1)
false
iex(4)> Code.ensure_loaded(JSON)
{:module, JSON}
iex(5)> Kernel.function_exported?(JSON, :decode!, 1)
true

It works after I manually load the module otherwise gives this error -

** (exit) an exception was raised:
    ** (RuntimeError) json_codec must be specified and respond to decode!/1
        (apq 2.0.1) lib/apq/document_provider.ex:190: Apq.DocumentProvider.format_params/2
        (apq 2.0.1) lib/apq/document_provider.ex:102: Apq.DocumentProvider.process/2
        (absinthe_plug 1.5.8) lib/absinthe/plug/document_provider.ex:72: anonymous fn/2 in Absinthe.Plug.DocumentProvider.process/2
        (elixir 1.18.0) lib/enum.ex:4964: Enumerable.List.reduce/3
        (elixir 1.18.0) lib/enum.ex:2600: Enum.reduce_while/3
        (absinthe_plug 1.5.8) lib/absinthe/plug/request.ex:96: Absinthe.Plug.Request.build_request/4
        (absinthe_plug 1.5.8) lib/absinthe/plug/request.ex:52: Absinthe.Plug.Request.parse/2
        (absinthe_plug 1.5.8) lib/absinthe/plug.ex:451: Absinthe.Plug.execute/2
        (absinthe_plug 1.5.8) lib/absinthe/plug.ex:290: Absinthe.Plug.call/2
        (phoenix 1.6.16) lib/phoenix/router/route.ex:41: Phoenix.Router.Route.call/2

Is this something that should be taken care of in application or the library?

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Quite interesting, I reproduced the same. Wonder what the solution to that would be.

maartenvanvliet

maartenvanvliet

I don’t know why it doesn’t work, PR’s welcome!

Now that JSON is included, I think a change to make it the default but still allow an override could also be an improvement. A new release 3.0 would be in order then.

meraj_enigma

meraj_enigma

Sounds good! Thank you :folded_hands:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews