vyalos
hello,
i’m using aws s3 for a project and i get the message that “module ExAws.S3.Upload is not available”. when i call the module on my project “alias ExAws.S3”, S3 is not a suggestion.
my deps:
defp deps do
[
{:phoenix, "~> 1.4.0"},
{:gettext, "~> 0.11"},
{:plug_cowboy, "~> 2.0"},
{:jason, "~> 1.0"},
{:new_relic_agent, "~> 1.0"},
{:mktp, in_umbrella: true},
{:recase, "~> 0.3.0"},
{:csv, "~> 2.0.0"},
{:brcpfcnpj, "~> 0.1.0"},
{:ex_aws, "~> 2.0"},
{:ex_aws_s3, "~> 2.0"},
{:poison, "~> 3.0"},
{:hackney, "~> 1.9"}
]
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Hi @vyalos, if you type
mix deps |grep ex_awswhat do you get as output?vyalos
hello,
this is what i get:
benwilson512
Weird so mix definitely knows about the packages. I’d try doing
rm -rf deps _buildand then runningmix do deps.get, deps.compile. Please copy and paste the output of the deps.get, deps.compile bit.vyalos
benwilson512
So, it downloaded and compiled. If you try using it and it errors, can you paste the full stacktrace and error?
vyalos
benwilson512
cool, so ex_aws_s3 is there and running, but you’re passing in some kind of invalid information.
Can you show the code you have where you use it?
vyalos
you’re right, i changed my service code and i no longer see the “module not available” message.
i have encountered another problem though, this is my service code today:
my bucket_name returns nil.
when i run
Application.get_env(:ex_aws, :bucket)oniex -S mix, it returns nil but it works withApplication.get_env(:ex_aws, :access_key_id)andApplication.get_env(:ex_aws, :secret_access_key).ExAws.S3.list_buckets() |> ExAws.request!()shows my bucket name.is there something that i’m missing?
i don’t know if it has any correlation but my console shows this message
[warn] ExAws: Received redirect, did you specify the correct region?even though my region is correct.sorry for the amount of information but i’m stuck, i hope it’s understandable.
thank you.
benwilson512
This is not part of ExAws’s configuration. You need to store the bucket on your own application config.
vyalos
everything is working now.
thank you.