About the job
Job title: Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Job description: Backend Developer (Elixir) (m/f/d) | Jobs at kloeckner.i GmbH
About the role
- We are building products for external customers of Klöckner as well as internal products.
- Together with your cross-functional team colleagues you are looking into complex and challenging problems within the steel and metals industry.
- We work in an agile way to collaboratively achieve the development goals of our platform and customers.
- You collaborate with your team members and ensure high product quality (via code reviews and merge requests).
- You stay up to date with latest technologies and validate their usage within our existing tech stack.
- You identify with our values of Pragmatism, Teamwork, Playfulness and Trust.
Technologies and platforms we currently use
- Elixir (+ Phoenix), Ruby (+ Rails),
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration
- Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interfaces: GraphQL, JSON API, RESTful APIs
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- You have proven working experience as a backend developer with Elixir or Erlang.
- You have a hands-on mentality (while respecting our agile development methods), and you love sharing your knowledge and learnings with your team members.
- You have a pragmatic approach. Your analytical skills help you to distinguish the essential from the non-essential, so you can focus on what truly matters for our customers.
- You are willing to contribute to an enjoyable and outstanding engineering culture at kloeckner.i.
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
Your work atmosphere and perspectives
- An international, dedicated team of pioneers that values a good work-life balance
- A startup-corporate mix with the best from both worlds
- A very modern work environment, with a culture of quality and efficiency
- Challenging assignments and interesting problems to solve
- An honest feedback culture with 360° feedback processes, regular employee surveys and transparent decision-making channels
- Continuous learning and self-improvement with free choice of online courses at platforms like Coursera
- 30 days vacation per year
- Beach volleyball court in front of the office at BeachMitte
- Discounted supplementary health insurance
- Monthly subsidy for BVG Company Ticket
- Support for finding a Kita place thanks to a cooperation with Fröbel and Ina.Kindergarten
- Central office location in Berlin (Mitte) with convenient transport links U-Bahn, S-Bahn, Tram
- Regular company events also currently remote
Klöckner & Co is one of the world’s largest producer-independent steel and metal distributors and one of the leading steel service center companies. Through its distribution and service network of around 160 locations in 13 countries, the Group serves over 100,000 customers. In addition to companies in the construction industry and mechanical and plant engineering, Klöckner & Co supplies customers in the automotive and chemical industries, shipbuilding and the household appliances, consumer goods and energy sectors. Klöckner & Co currently employs around 7,900 people.
Since 2014, Klöckner & Co has been vigorously driving forward the digitalization of its entire supply chain. In order to bundle all projects geared towards this under one roof, Klöckner & Co has established its own Group Center of Competence for digitalization, kloeckner.i GmbH, in Berlin, which now employs around 100 people.
At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly.
We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.