My name: Libo Shen
My position: Head of Engineering
Company name: Programmai
Company info and history:
At Programmai, we use Machine Learning to empower e-commerce companies to market online effectively using their own data.
We’re a London based early-phase startup that just closed our seed round. We are building an easy-to-use platform to unleash the power of Machine Learning to help our clients with digital marketing.
Tech we use at present:
- Google Cloud Platform, managed with Terraform;
- Elixir for APIs, storage, and external integration;
- Python for the Machine Learning pipelines;
- React for the first version of our frontend (we are assessing ReasonML and Elm for the new version, stay tuned!)
About the job
Job title: Backend Software Developer
Job description: develop the backend of our web platform.
Salary range: negotiable
Position on remote work: onsite preferred (after COVID-19)
Qualifications or experience required:
3+ years expeirence in developing software (personal project counted)
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Build APIs to serve our user-facing web applications.
- Model the business logic in relational databases.
- Integrate with external APIs (e.g. Facebook, Google).
- Help to evolve our system, improve automation, and make important technical decisions with us.
- Review code and share knowledge.
About the interview process
- First, an interview with me. The interview will consist of: a free form chat just to know more about each other, a few quiz questions to know what kind of expertise you have, and a live coding session (in Elixir preferably) on a small problem. The interview should be about 1 hour.
- Then you can continue the small coding project we started in the live coding session, spent ~2 hours (offline, no pressure) to finish it and polish a bit. Then sent it to us, so we can have a more accurate sense of your engineering/coding abilities. We will give you feedback after we finish evaluating it.
- Finally, have a chat with our founder, know more about each other, and he can answer your questions about the company more generally. I’ll also join you if I have time.
How to Apply: Please fill out this Typeform