pCosta99

pCosta99

As the title mentions, the Bamboo.SentEmailViewerPlug won’t work when using SendGrid and dynamic templates.
There are 2 open issues regarding that on Bamboo github (SentEmailViewerPlug shows empty emails with Dynamic Templates & LocalAdapter · Issue #633 · beam-community/bamboo · GitHub and Bamboo.SentEmailViewerPlug with SendGrid Dyanmic Templates · Issue #619 · beam-community/bamboo · GitHub).
I tried looking into the Plug and making a similar one but haven’t managed to figure out how to get the send grid template.
My question here is:
Has anyone faced and solved (or found anything relevant regarding) this issue?
If not, are you aware of any other language/framework (rails or django maybe) where there is a preview for sendgrid emails? I could try making it from there, I checked for Rails but I think with ActionMailer the logic is different.

Thanks in advance!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

derek-zhou

derek-zhou

This may not solve your problem, however I would not rely on Sendgrid more than necessary.

There are good emails resources out there, like mjml or maizzle. I can design the email any way I want, then I can turn the html into a template. EEX should work,; however, it may be too Elixir-y for this task. I have used bbmustache for email templating with good result.

pCosta99

pCosta99 OP

Yeah, it doesn’t solves it but those are some very interesting options, thanks!
I marked it as a solution as in a future project I might just go for those instead, unfortunately for my specific case it’s not an option.
RoR also lacks this “feature” so I believe it might simply be impossible to have that preview.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews