nightbird24
Hello everyone,
I am trying to solve connection closed errors on Oracle Load Balancer.
In load balancer I have set 60 seconds ideal timeout, But for Bandit can’t find where to adjust request idle timeout. I want to set it at least 70-75 Seconds.
Currently I have endpoint settings like this:-
## config.exs
#Configures the endpoint
config :my_app, MyAppWeb.Endpoint,
url: [host: "localhost"],
adapter: Bandit.PhoenixAdapter,
render_errors: [
formats: [json: MyAppWeb.ErrorJSON],
layout: false
]
## runtime.exs
if config_env() == :prod do
config :my_app, MyAppWeb.Endpoint,
url: [host: host, port: 443, scheme: "https"],
http: [
ip: {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
port: port,
thousand_island_options: [
transport_options: [
keepalive: true
],
read_timeout: 80_000,
],
],
debug_errors: false,
check_origin: {MyApp.OriginCheck, :check_origin?, []},
secret_key_base: secret_key_base
end
OS: Ubuntu 22.04
Elixir: 1.17.1
Erlang: Erlang/OTP 27 [erts-15.0]
Bandit: 1.5.7
thousand_island: 1.3.5
phoenix: 1.7.14
Thanks in advance.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
joram
As far as I know Bandit doesn’t have an idle timeout for request handling code. It will not stop you from sleeping forever and never sending a response. Any such timeouts will have to be enforced on your code by your own code.
nightbird24
Hello @joram,
Thank you for responding.
So does it mean that Bandit doesn’t close TCP connection at all?
joram
Bandit won’t close the connection while your request handling code is running. Outside of that I think it just depends on the Thousand Island settings (your
keepaliveandread_timeoutsettings).nightbird24
Okay,
I thought
read_timeoutis for how long to wait for body read.I will tag Thousand Island also. May be will know exactly.
joram
It is. I think I misremembered,
read_timeoutdoesn’t seem relevant.