Sorc96
I haven’t been able to find a simple example for this. Let’s say we have a regular project with Phoenix that is deployed by building a mix release and copying that to a server.
Now if we want to run that application on two nodes, it is unclear what exactly needs to change I know it is necessary to set the RELEASE_DISTRIBUTION env var to name and set a unique RELEASE_NODE. The cookie should be the same, since it is set when the release is built.
But I’m wondering about the best way to actually connect the nodes when they are started. Also, is there anything else I’m missing?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
D4no0
The easiest way is to use libcluster for this, it does automatically a lot of things, like automatic connection, discovery etc.
Make sure to read about the available clustering strategies, the default one used by erlang is EPMD. Outside of EPMD, I’ve personally used in production Cluster.Strategy.Gossip with docker containers and it works out of the box.
Sorc96
Perfect, thanks!
joram
The Phoenix generator, as of 1.7.8, includes dns_cluster. It’s a lot less featureful than libcluster, but if it does what you need it’s very convenient. With the minimal setup the Phoenix generator includes you only need to set the environment variable
DNS_CLUSTER_QUERYto make it work.Sorc96
That looks like it should be just enough for a simple use case. Thank you!