kwando
Is there any real example or guide for getting started with beacon CMS?
I’ve tried the setup guide in the repository, I can get it to boot up and everything.
Following screenshot is from the “Local Development” section of the README,
but it looks the same for the other app I configured.
Is this how it supposed to look? I cant find any material or screenshots or written documentation so I do not know what to expect.
(I’m running on Phoenix 1.7.0.rc2 and beaconCMS from master, is it is on the edge..).
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming












Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
rcm765
So we’re still considered pre-release and there be dragons, etc, etc. But it is use-able just not all of the finishing touches are there yet and it can be confusing. In the meantime we have a demo app to show the architecture stuff: GitHub - BeaconCMS/beacon_demo: Sample application running Beacon, a open-source content management system (CMS) built with Phoenix LiveView. · GitHub
leandrocp
That screenshot is from running
mix devon the beacon repo, correct? To have a better understanding of how an actual site would look like, please check out the beacon_demo as Brian has mentioned. Currently there are 2 ways to create new pages, one is using the Admin which is under development as we speak and the other one is by running seeds to create layouts, pages, and so on. You can find an example at beacon_demo/priv/repo/beacon_seeds.exs at c57f60c1cedeb8f9518d671d4c96c43ef7967d57 · BeaconCMS/beacon_demo · GitHubSoon we’ll be releasing more guides (beacon/guides at main · BeaconCMS/beacon · GitHub) and docs to make this process easier.
kwando
Thanks for your fast replies, much appreciated.
I found this article and it piqued my interrest since I’m on the hunt for a CMS, preferably in Elixir since it is my stack of choice.
From what I can gather so far it is not quite ready for my “non-engineering stakeholders” yet
leandrocp
We’re working on a drag & drop Page Builder that is targeted to “non-engineering stakeholders”, but it’s going to be a while before it’s ready.
c4lliope
Hello - based on this thread, I imagined beginners may be helped by seeing some of the main onboarding issues, all in one place. I’m happy to help on these as I learn more regarding Elixir and Phoenix.
https://github.com/BeaconCMS/beacon/issues/304