revati

revati

I have an Elixir project with phoenix/ash/beacon cms.

This question is not related to ash per se.

I have 3 steps.

create changeset

on load/on mount

form = AshPhoenix.Form.for_create(MyEntity, :create)

on validate

form = AshPhoenix.Form.validate(form, params)

on save

AshPhoenix.Form.submit(form, params: params)

I think i got it working with event handlers for validate and save steps.

But I don’t understand how to create initial changeset on page load.


It seems reasonable (of course not for backend cms, but for light frontend facing interactions) to implement bossiness logic with ash that exposes all available actions and use them via beacon cms to make pretty forms.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

Hey Roberts,

There is currently no way to custiomize mount for a specific page, because navigation between beacon pages does not trigger a mount, it’s all done via patching in the same LiveView process.

However, you can customize mount for the entire Beacon site (similar to how Event Handlers work - you don’t define them for an individual page, but for the entire site). This is done by passing the :on_mount option to beacon_site/2, which works like the normal on_mount/1 that you would define for a live_session in Phoenix.Router.

Hope this helps!

PS. the #beacon-cms channel on Elixir Slack is quite active and many users are also incorporating Ash, so please check that out as well :slight_smile:

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

Oh, now that I think about it, if all you’re doing is populating an assign, that could be a better fit for LiveData, which is scoped by path - still not per-page, but at least it’s not global (also changeable at runtime!).

To do this you would:

  • go to the “Live Data” section of the admin dashboard
  • click the button to create a new Live Data path
  • enter the path to your page(s) (can use globs e.g. /topics/:id/create)
  • define the assign with whatever name and code you want

Let me know what you end up going with!

revati

revati OP

I added code in event handler:

{:noreply, assign(socket, form: AshPhoenix.Form.validate(socket.assigns.form, params))}

But on save it says:

nofile: cannot compile file (errors have been logged)

undefined variable "params"

Even tho on top there is: Variables available: params socket.

Am i missing something?

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

Ah, the expected variable is actually called event_params (instead of params). Sorry for the misleading text in BeaconLiveAdmin - I didn’t notice that before; we’ll have it fixed for the next release.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews