Benchee & formatters - easy and extensible (micro) benchmarking

It has its own thread but I think it’s worth mentioning here as well: benchee_markdown - the first formatter not written by me/benchee maintainers which makes me very happy because that’s what I always wanted. :slight_smile:

Also we’re gearing up for 1.0 (finally!) - stay tuned :sunglasses: Not too many changes incoming but more the promise of a stable API/data structure until 2.0 which is hopefully a long way off.

As a preparation of this and showcasing that benchee is a project many people contribute to (be it code, reviews, input etc. @devonestes @wasnotrice or “just” ideas, testing and help with a lot of the really hard stuff or the occassional emoji react so one knows something is a good idea @OvermindDL1 @michalmuskala) benchee and related libraries were moved to https://github.com/bencheeorg :slight_smile: Other good side effect, people other than myself (namely devon and eric so far) can add people manage things etc.

@mods / @AstonJ / ??? could we maybe rename this thread to just be “benchee & formatters - easy and extensible (micro) benchmarking”, because I mean there’s benchee_html, benchee_json we could also name them all in the title but that’d get long and just having benchee/benchee_csv there seems kinda irritating :slight_smile:

3 Likes