JuanjoA
Hi, what do you think of phoenix’s position in these tests? (link)
I see many frameworks above in the list and I understant that it is not only the performance that is important but just to know what You think, which I’m sure you are objetive as I’m appreciating in other forum threads.
Thanks ![]()
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
I’ll be the sour grape, hold tight.
Most benchmarks, especially those of web frameworks, are deeply flawed. It’s a game of numbers, and when ranks and numbers are involved, people are bound to try and cheat their way to the top ranks. The most popular benchmark – TechEmpower – is widely known to not enforce good benchmark discipline in the accepted code so instead of having proper HTTP servers you have plain text processors that accept hard-coded HTTP headers (one of the egregious examples).
This has skewed results significantly to the point that many developers only take a cursory glance at such benchmarks and leave almost immediately.
Is this benchmark framework better? Maybe it is, but who is going to use their work time (and their employer does not pay them to go research if a benchmark framework is good) or their free time in order to establish this? Not saying that nobody will do it – pretty sure somebody will. But it might be too much effort just to uncover yet another benchmark framework that lets people cheat their way to the top ranks.
JuanjoA
I knew the case of techEmpower and I think the same as you, this type of benchmarks, in which there is a rank and multiple frameworks, are not usually reliable examples.
Thanks you for your point of view.
Best regards.
AstonJ
That’s what I just did
We definitely need better benchmarks though…
A proper benchmarking system (like the one I have in mind) could be a huge win for Elixir/Erlang
al2o3cr
IMO this benchmark is entirely unrealistic; the top performers are doing exactly what’s required, but leaving off 95% of what most applications would actually need. For instance, take a look at the “top performer” ActiveJ’s approach:
https://github.com/the-benchmarker/web-frameworks/blob/332e59bc6e416f5b7002b5dea5511cad05910ba8/java/activej/src/main/java/benchmark/io/activej/http/Main.java#L28-L31
Unless I’m missing some magic in
RoutingServlet, this responds to requests with the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM required to satisfy the requirements;HTTP/1.1 200 OKwith no headers at all, then either EOF or a few bytes of content (for the/user/:idroute).The Phoenix benchmark, OTOH, sends more headers and does more work.