ariandanim
Dear all,
After deploying into VPS, I need to make my App fast getting update by CI CD (Continuous Integration, Continues Development), but I don’t know how to do that and what the best CI CD service that can handle it
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
w0rd-driven
I have the most familiarity with Gitlab’s CI but GitHub actions seems very similar. I think the term “best” is very subjective because it really depends on how you plan to deploy your app or what operating systems are available for your VPS. Elixir needs to be compiled for your target system regardless of whether you’re deploying the source files and compiling or you compile releases.
I don’t know your vps provider to make further recommendations but if it’s like mine, Digital Ocean, you’d likely want something that can compile on Ubuntu. That’s likely the majority of them at this point. I would personally avoid Travis CI due to past behavior but Gitlab, GitHub, Circle CI, Semaphore, TeamCity, or Bamboo are probably all capable.
You may want to stick to Gitlab or GitHub because you can find a ton of example projects using them. You can start from those examples and adjust them instead of starting from scratch. That may not be your preferred learning method though and sometimes that approach creates more headaches if you’re not careful. For me it often saves a ton of time though, if everything goes smoothly.
Sebb
Phoenix Project uses https://earthly.dev/ (with Github actions I think).
quda
What’s wrong with GitHub actions? I successfully use it with all stacks I’m deploying, including Elixir/OTP. Fine VS Code integration included.
ariandanim
perhaps you can show me the steps.. i am newbie..
D4no0
I always end up with gitlab runners, just the fact that you can spin up a self-hosted runner in 5 minutes without any network configurations is win-win situation for me.
ariandanim
please show me the steps Sir..