DidactMacros
Best current comprehensive guide for entry into Phoenix?
Programming Phoenix seems a bit out of date, and though I am willing to read through the book and use the resources produced and shared on this forum to work through the examples I wonder if there is a more up-to-date guide?
Thanks.
Edit: Apologies, I’ve seen a few resources via the Phoenix website.
I’ll quickly take a look at these now, and close the thread if they’re recent enough.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
DidactMacros
Going to be working through Phoenix Tutorial (Phoenix 1.6) by Binh Tran, as I feel this version is recent enough to troubleshoot any version issues, and the depth and breadth of the tutorial is even more than I’d hoped.
I’ll mark this as the solution for any one else running into defunct facets with Programming Phoenix, and is not looking to do too much refactoring.
DidactMacros
Know I keep responding to my own thread, but as an fyi to future viewers it would actually be better, imo, to go for the Phoenix Guide first, as it is very detailed, completely up-to-date and the pacing is great for granular learners who want to learn the fundamentals of the framework and use that knowledge for their own troubleshooting efforts later.
After working through the guide, I’d then go for the Phoenix Tutorial by Binh Tran to build a few of the exemplifying apps. Then, oddly enough, I’d swing by the Programming Phoenix 1.4 book, since you will be in a better place to spot defunct steps ahead of time and thus progress much more smoothly through the book…
…topping off with Programming Phoenix LiveView.