puemos
I’m working on a platform that allows users to add apps and use them in a writing assistant browser extension (https://anycursor.com).
Currently I’m building a system so the community can develop custom apps and publish them. I was looking at the Raycast Extensions (GitHub - raycast/extensions: Everything you need to extend Raycast. · GitHub) as an example and they seem to be using a NodeJs runtime (instead of Swift) to reduce the barrier for people to contribute.
While I prefer to keep things in Elixir, I’m wondering if there is a limit on the number of developers who can contribute.
Can anyone here think of a good Elixir product that does something similar?
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
soyjeansoy
Interesting idea
smathy
Great idea btw. FWIW, as much as I love Elixir, I think you’d be better using JS too.
linusdm
Lua would be a good candidate. It’s similar to js which would benefit adoption and end-user friendlyness, and is easily sandboxable/embeddable in an elixir application (e.g. with exlua)
puemos
For anyone landing on this topic. I ended up using Typescript (Deno) thanks to GitHub - akoutmos/deno_ex: This Elixir library allows you to securely run JS/TS code via Deno · GitHub.
Thank you @akoutmos!
puemos
The cool thing is that with Elixir i might be able to allow multiple languages. Lua is indeed interesting
akoutmos
It sounds like your use case for anycursor is similar to my use case that I had in the past. I needed a way to run customer code but in an isolated and secure sandbox. Deno fit the bill perfectly for me given its focus on security and the ability to opt into additional runtime permissions.
Currently I primarily use DenoEx to leverage some Typescript libraries that I didn’t feel like implementing in Elixir
.
Let me know how it works out for you and feel free to provide feedback
.