jnnks
I am reading a video file and want to create an Nx Tensors for each frame:
frames = file_contents # list of binaries
|> Enum.map(fn frame ->
Nx.from_binary(frame, {:u, 8}) |> Nx.reshape({h, w, 3})
end)
The tensor creation works, but the reshaping fails.
The bitstrings I am reading all have a different size according to byte_size, but String.length returns the expected length (width * height * 3 byte) for all frames equally.
The max difference in count between frames according to byte_size is about 7% (ca 42kb).
Questions
- Why is there such a big difference between something seemingly equal?
- How do I need to create the tensor, such that I can reshape it?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
byte_size is the number of bytes.
String.length/1returns the number of Unicode graphemes in a UTF-8 string.. I’m not sure what your reshaping function is doing, but this is likely related to the cause.apoorv-2204
What is the difference between binaries and strings.
like <<34,34,23,55,>> and “asbvc”
how to convert to either
benwilson512
They just aren’t the same thing at all? What does “convert” mean here?
EDIT: Re-reading your question, are you asking just in general about binaries and strings or those specific binaries?
If it’s about them in general Binaries in Elixir on Exercism talks through things, as does Binaries, strings, and charlists — Elixir v1.20.2