Blackode Elixir Journals

blog-posts
testing
tips
tricks

artilce Image

This article comprises of two biggest changes of ExUnit.

• Arguments in the failure report
  • Running mix test with the failed flag

Mastering Binaries in Elixir from Zero to Hero

This article is all about how to achieve the fault tolerance concept using the Supervisor in Elixir. This gonna be the lengthy reading as I tried to explain each line of code briefly.

This article is not about How the Supervisor or GenServer works.
What we gonna do here?

Here, we are going to implement Mini Banking System. Not a Production Grade Coding.

How to trace a GenServer’s Execution? Elixir/Erlang

An article for beginners and who have started playing with GenServers
Enable tracing using the debug option.

This explains how to debug the messages and log to the console with a simple option.

7 Lines to Code Fizz-Buzz Game Principle in Elixir

Description

This article is all about coding the implicit conditions in FizzBuzz Word Game. This makes you to walk over lines of code that gives similar output with different syntax. This for Beginners to enhance their coding style.

Url

Article Image

Happy Coding …

10 Killer Elixir Tips #7 – blackode – Medium

Happy Coding…

The Rigid Code Behind Smooth Code

What you see is more simplified

This article shows you the rigid lines of code behind smooth lines you write in elixir.

As we know, the most of the Elixir programming language is written in Elixir itself with the power of Macros and also we all know why we love to code in Elixir because of its simplicity. But, today we are going to walk back to find the light in the dark.

Interesting articles, but I have to question what’s with the pictures, they seem to have nothing to do with their corresponding articles… ^.^;

Sorry about that @OvermindDL1
Which picture you did not understand?. So, I can describe. The images are just to bring the idea of the article title.
Like I tried to match up nature with Elixir Coding. That is the only Idea.

Pretty much all of them, the wine glass, the animal with antlers, etc… I don’t get the references with the content, they seem random to me like O’Reily’s book covers… ^.^;

@OvermindDL1
The wine glass has two variants, what you see on camera and the other one is unfocused. Just to implant the idea of macros. What we see a simple line is not simple in its backdrop.

If you see the antler expression, It is in the state of fear. Watching something far from it like some carnivore is coming towards it. That article is 7 version of another set of elixir tips from daily experiences. To bring the atmosphere of another set of Killer Elixir Tips I just added that image.

Similarly, The two elephants its mother as Supervisor as it monitors its child GenServer just some kinda humor touch…

I know it is hard to figure out these until someone gives you a brief explanation…

The ultimate Goal is to match something with nature. And the Inspiration Oreily itself.

Heh, I’ve never gotten such pictures on things or understood the point… ^.^;

Thanks for the descriptions though, definitely not even remotely what I thought of. ^.^;

10 Killer Elixir Tips #8

Here is the Eighth version of 10 Killer Elixir Tips.

Article Link: https://medium.com/blackode/10-killer-elixir-tips-8-2e1bb7eba6e1
Article Image

Two Unique Ways of Piping data in Elixir

Join our Telegram Channel. Just started…

Do & Don’t — Length of Range — Elixir

Hot code swapping is replacing or adding components without stopping or shutting down the system. It is frequently called as hot-plugging.

In software development, hot swapping is used to upgrade or update the system without interrupting the current running system. It helps us with less downtime at the time of upgrading.

OK! Stories are always good to hear. Let’s dive into the code.

This article will guide you to perform hot code swapping in Elixir using the Elixir package distillery-2.0 (at the moment of writing this article).

A live demo on updating GenServer state will stand out as a good example.