narslan
Hey everyone,
I just released blendend to Hex — a set of NIF bindings that bring
Blend2D’s fast, high-quality 2D vector renderer to Elixir.
If you’ve ever wanted to do crisp 2D drawing from Elixir (antialiasing, gradients, text, etc.) without jumping out to another language or service, this might be useful. You get:
-
Canvas API for fills/strokes, paths, transforms, compositing
-
Text loading/layout with glyph measurement and crisp rendering
-
Gradients, patterns, blur effects, masks
-
Macros for compact drawing pipelines
Requirements
- Blend2D installed and linkable (-lblend2d) (there are instructions in README)
- C++ toolchain (C++17) for the NIF build
Docs & examples
- blendend — blendend v0.3.2
- Playground: GitHub - narslan/blendend_playground: sketchbook for blendend · GitHub (run locally to browse examples)
- Livebook intro in the repo’s notebooks/
- GitHub:
https://github.com/narslan/blendend
If you try it out, I’d love to hear your feedback, ideas and PRs.
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
This looks interesting. I saw you’re using elixir_make. There’s also GitHub - elixir-nx/fine: C++ library enabling more ergonomic NIFs, tailored to Elixir · GitHub for c++ nifs specifically.
narslan
Thanks! I saw elixir-nx/fine, started this before it was on my radar. I’m interested in migrating pieces if it simplifies the C++ side; I’m planning a tidy-up there, so I’ll take a look.