Bling - Stripe subscription management for Phoenix

Bling gives you all of the tools needed to add recurring subscriptions with Stripe to your Phoenix applications.

It includes:

• Ecto schemas for customers and subscriptions
    • Use any existing ecto schema like User or Team as a customer
  • Saving default payment methods to customers
  • Creating subscriptions
  • Multiple subscriptions per customer
  • Subscription quantities
  • Failed payment resolution page
  • + lots more! See the full list in the hexdocs readme

When I was working with Laravel every day we made extensive use of the Laravel Cashier package. I had been missing it while working on elixir products, so I decided to bring it over :slight_smile:

hexdocs:
https://hexdocs.pm/bling

github:

There’s a few things I want to add to it before pushing v1.0 such as metered billing and one-off charges, but it has most subscription functionality ready to go.

Forewarning the readme contains a link to a paid product that provides a complete UI on top of Bling, but Bling itself is open source and free to use as a headless subscription manager

32 Likes

This is awesome. Initial question, is there a particular reason it’s dependent on LiveView 0.18?

Thanks! I believe I needed it because of controller/html files

I’m sure there is a way to render these without depending on liveview, but it was the easiest route to take for the initial release

1 Like

it seems like a game-changer for adding recurring subscriptions with Stripe to Phoenix applications. I appreciate the inclusion of Ecto schemas for customers and subscriptions, and the flexibility to use any existing schema like User or Team as a customer is a big plus.

The feature set, including default payment method storage, multiple subscriptions per customer, and a failed payment resolution page, is comprehensive. The influence from Laravel Cashier 5 is evident, and it’s great to see that experience being brought over to the Elixir environment.

I’ll definitely check out the hexdocs for a detailed look at the capabilities. It’s good to know that Bling is open source and free to use as a headless subscription manager, and I’m looking forward to seeing the updates you have in mind, like metered billing and one-off charges.

2 Likes