wmnnd
Hey there,
I’ve started a little blog series about building and deploying Elixir applications. Now I would like to share with you the first entry in the series, which is a simple guide to automated testing (i. e. Continuous Integration) using Bitbucket Pipelines and Docker:
Please let me know if you find the post useful and if you’d like to see more articles like this one ![]()
Trending in Blog Posts
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
The words are insufficient to describe what transpired. What we tried to do met what the people wanted it to be. It became beautiful.
Th...
New
Hi all,
I’ve built a small demo app to understand what an “AI agent” actually is under the hood, and to show it with Elixir’s own tools ...
New
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
Secure boot and a verified root filesystem on an STM32MP157F-DK2 - with Nerves of course
Four links of an authenticated boot chain on an ...
New
A backtest worker and a live trading node had to share one broker rate limit and one set of OAuth tokens, and both only work if there’s e...
New
I wrote a longread on how do I test code. Everything I gained from 10 years of experience writing code without any testing and 20 years w...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Most
Very informative
! I like using bitbucket because they offer free unlimited private repos, but I hadn’t really paid much attention to their other features so I’ll definitely give this workflow a go in my next project.
I’ll be looking forward to your upcoming posts, especially the one about using CloudFoundry, very curious about that.
OvermindDL1
Yeah that’s why I’ve been using BitBucket for many many years. I have a lot of repo’s on it… It mostly replaced my old SVN server (which is still running to this day, I should fix that…). ^.^;
BitBucket’s server is available to run on your own servers too for note.
Only thing I wish is if BitBucket’s UI was changed in a few specific ways though.
wmnnd
Three days late, here is my second post in the series!
Before I will go into the specifics of creating Releases and Docker deployments and all that, I thought it would be best to just lay out the basics first.
So, if you have ever wondered what exactly Elixir Releases are and why so many people are hyped up about Docker, check out my new article:
https://medium.com/@pentacent/elixir-releases-docker-the-basics-explained-4c800a5b990b
wmnnd
Without any further ado, here is the next post in my series about Elixir deployment.
This time, I have written a (pretty) comprehensive tutorial about how to use create Releases with Distillery:
https://medium.com/@pentacent/mastering-elixir-releases-with-distillery-a-pretty-complete-guide-497546f298bc
wmnnd
I completely forgot to post my latest entry to the series here. After a lot of research I created a guide for creating deployment-ready Docker containers of Elixir applications:
https://medium.com/@pentacent/getting-started-with-elixir-docker-982e2a16213c
Feedback (here or over on Medium) is very welcome!
wmnnd
Now this new entry might seem like it’s a bit off-topic because it doesn’t directly involve Elixir. However, monitoring and a status page should also be considered for every Elixir deployment.
And I think this pairing - Elixir application + AWS Lambda Status page/monitoring - makes perfect sense:
So check out my take on Why everybody needs a status page!
https://medium.com/@pentacent/build-a-great-status-page-in-15-minutes-with-no-budget-98257f67aef1
Feedback here or on Medium is very welcome
