BoltSips, the Elixir driver for Neo4J is looking for maintainers

Hi there,

As you may have noticed, the BoltSips project - an Elixir driver for Neo4J - has been stalled for some time. The main reason for this is me.

I don’t have time to pursue neo4j anymore and besides, I don’t use it that much. neo4J is an exciting technology, I still remember spending many long nights and 2 whole vacations designing and building this driver, I don’t regret a second because I learned a lot and this project helped me to meet wonderful people - all of you :heart: All this effort and work was based only on passion, not gaining any monetary value or material advantages. This driver is free and completely independent from neo4j.

Eventually, I came back to focus on relational databases again, devoting a lot of attention and energy to PostgreSQL and SQLite and, of course, Elixir and Erlang.

Since I can no longer provide the level of support I used to, I’m relying on the community and on the users passionate for neo4j and Elixir, so I’m looking for new maintainers.

Thank you for your support and understanding,
ッFlorin

10 Likes

I don’t know where dvassard is at. I’d work on it, as I told you.
Thank you for your work, and I apologize for the less than stellar contribution rate I’ve had for the past couple of years.
I’ve really appreciated your stewardship of the project and your openness to contributions/improvement.
Whatever you have under your sleeves open source wise, I’m sure it’ll be exciting.

2 Likes

Thank you for your very kind words @krstfk, and for supporting this driver!

2 Likes

We are still listed on the documentation of neo4j, I’d like to ask you if you are open to letting me step up and take responsibility for maintaining these projects.

I’ve recently picked up elixir about 10 months in. I already have worked with neo4j and spent my share of time over neo4j.

Aside from triage, updating things to current trends in elixir. Do you have opinions on where this library should be progressing towards?

If you are still open to it after all this time. I’d like to be given the opportunity to be the maintainer for this repository.

2 Likes

I have no relation to this project but I noticed that the GitHub - sagastume/boltx: Neo4j driver for Elixir fork has some recent updates. Maybe the author of that fork would also be interested in helping maintain BoltSips itself with you.

3 Likes

Thank you for your interest in this library. Nonetheless, I would like to entrust the strategy for future versions to the maintainers or other authors who possess forks or newer versions of my library/driver. I am willing to update the main readme page with links directing to their projects or repositories, unless they have a preference for restrictive licenses. Appreciate your understanding.

3 Likes