volanar

volanar

Bonfire network is a federated social network written in elixir.

Official website: https://bonfirenetworks.org
Source code: Bonfire · GitHub
Bonfire milestones: Milestones · bonfire-networks/bonfire-app · GitHub
Bonfire blog: Bonfire
Documentation: https://doc.bonfirenetworks.org
License: AGPL-3.0
Technical stack: Phoenix Framework, LiveView, Surface, Livebook, Meilisearch, Tailwind CSS, Alpine.js, Graphql, PostgreSQL, ActivityPub etc.
Join the chat: You're invited to talk on Matrix
Support the project: Bonfire Networks - Open Collective
Related projects: Zappa project

Self-host your online community and shape your experience at the most granular level: add and remove features, change behaviours and appearance, tune, swap or turn off algorithms. You are in total control.

Empower your community with tools to perform social, economic and political activities. Create safe and private spaces, and connect with the fediverse on your own terms.

Bonfire has a modular architecture for building any social network. Extensions can include new sections in an existing page (e.g. a widget that shows one’s most used hashtags on a user’s profile page), whole new pages (e.g. a map page that shows me where my friends are located). They can use existing data from any extension (aggregating, transforming and filtering it to create meaningful and new information for the user), or new sets of information stored in the database.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

volanar

volanar OP

Demo coming soon

volanar

volanar OP

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews