I am having a strange issue when attempting to launch an Erlang application. My development environment is as follows:
- Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.18363,
- Docker for Windows, version 22.214.171.124 (43472) stable,
- Base image: Ubuntu 18.04,
- Erlang version installed on the image via asdf: OTP-19.3.
When I run a container based on the image described above, I mount (
type=bind) a Windows folder to
/workspace. This folder contains an Erlang application called
However, trying to start it with
erl -pa email-0.0.1/ebin results in the following error:
(no error logger present) error: <0.16.0>
and it blocks there, not allowing me to type anything.
- If I don’t use the symbolic link, e.g.
erl -pa email/ebinthis works fine.
- If I move the application out of the shared folder, let’s say
erl -pa /private/email-0.0.1/ebinalso work as expected.
Does anyone have already encountered this issue?
Or more likely, how could I get the real error instead of just process id?
Many thanks in advance.