Bootstrap 5 icons not loading

Hello folks, I’m working on a new project and I’m trying to implement Bootstrap v5 for my backoffice app, I’m using umbrella app and bootstrap works fine but I’m having problem with bootstrap icons.
I used this guide for bootstrap Phoenix 1.7 and Bootstrap 5 - Tutorials and screencasts for Elixir, Phoenix and LiveView. I tried doing the same for bootstrap-icons by installing as an npm package and import in my app.scss

// app.scss
// Bootstrap
@import "../node_modules/bootstrap/scss/bootstrap";
@import "../node_modules/bootstrap-icons/font/bootstrap-icons.css";

@font-face {
    font-family: 'bootstrap-icons';
    src: font-url('../node_modules/bootstrap-icons/font/fonts/bootstrap-icons.woff2') format('woff2'),
    font-url('../node_modules/bootstrap-icons/font/fonts/bootstrap-icons.woff') format('woff');
}

Can someone helps me with what I missed here. and forgive my freshness in the Elixir/Phoenix stack.
Regards.

The browser only has access to the files in priv/static/…. Your fonts don’t seem to be there. I don’t think sass deals with additional assets your css links to.

So how people add icons for their project in Phoenix 1.6.15

You have to place icons, assets, images, etc which don’t need any further processing in priv/static folder.

Also don’t forget to add entry in the endpoint file if you are creating a top level folder:

# Serve at "/" the static files from "priv/static" directory.
  #
  # You should set gzip to true if you are running phx.digest
  # when deploying your static files in production.
  plug Plug.Static,
    at: "/",
    gzip: false,
    only: ~w(assets favicons fonts images favicon.ico robots.txt)

If you want to process sass files, you can use Dart SaSS:
DartSass - An installer for sass

1 Like