andreyuhai

andreyuhai

Well, this might not be a Phoenix related question in particular but I’ve been stuck and annoyed for so long and I couldn’t find an answer anywhere else. My only hope is that if you want to help it’ll be easier for you to clone the repo and run the app in case you want to see it running and reproduce it.


I’ve got a LiveView app which is using Webpack and Bootstrap.

On the navbar I’ve got a burger menu toggle (see the SS below), however it doesn’t function when I click on it. Nothing happens. By nothing I mean normally it should expand to show the menu items but it doesn’t expand on click.

I am not sure whether there’s anything wrong with Webpack config or the package.json.

When I manually inserted these scripts below to the DOM, the burger menu toggle works as expected so that’s why I suspected the JS.

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/jquery@3.5.1/dist/jquery.slim.min.js" integrity="sha384-DfXdz2htPH0lsSSs5nCTpuj/zy4C+OGpamoFVy38MVBnE+IbbVYUew+OrCXaRkfj" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@4.6.1/dist/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js" integrity="sha384-fQybjgWLrvvRgtW6bFlB7jaZrFsaBXjsOMm/tB9LTS58ONXgqbR9W8oWht/amnpF" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Here is the repo where you can find all the code.

Note: It gets the dev DB credentials from ENV vars in case you want to run it.


webpack.config.js

const path = require('path');
const glob = require('glob');
const MiniCssExtractPlugin = require('mini-css-extract-plugin');
const CssMinimizerPlugin = require('css-minimizer-webpack-plugin');
const CopyWebpackPlugin = require('copy-webpack-plugin');

module.exports = (env, options) => {
  const devMode = options.mode !== 'production';

  return {
    optimization: {
      minimizer: [
        new CssMinimizerPlugin()
      ]
    },
    entry: {
      'app': glob.sync('./vendor/**/*.js').concat(['./js/app.js'])
    },
    output: {
      filename: '[name].js',
      path: path.resolve(__dirname, '../priv/static/js'),
      publicPath: '/js/'
    },
    devtool: devMode ? 'eval-cheap-module-source-map' : undefined,
    module: {
      rules: [
        {
          test: /\.js$/,
          exclude: /node_modules/,
          use: {
            loader: 'babel-loader'
          }
        },
        {
          test: /\.[s]?css$/,
          use: [
            MiniCssExtractPlugin.loader,
            'css-loader',
            'sass-loader',
          ]
        },
        {
          test: /\.(woff|woff2|eot|ttf|otf)$/i,
          type: 'asset/resource',
        }
      ]
    },
    plugins: [
      new MiniCssExtractPlugin({ filename: '../css/app.css' }),
      new CopyWebpackPlugin({ patterns: [{ from: 'static/', to: '../' }] })
    ]
  }
};

package.json

{
  "repository": {},
  "description": " ",
  "license": "MIT",
  "scripts": {
    "deploy": "webpack --mode=production",
    "watch": "webpack --mode=development --watch"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "@popperjs/core": "^2.11.5",
    "bootstrap": "^5.1.3",
    "bowser": "^2.11.0",
    "jquery": "^3.6.0",
    "phoenix": "file:../../../deps/phoenix",
    "phoenix_html": "file:../../../deps/phoenix_html",
    "phoenix_live_view": "file:../../../deps/phoenix_live_view"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "@babel/core": "^7.0.0",
    "@babel/preset-env": "^7.0.0",
    "autoprefixer": "^10.4.2",
    "babel-loader": "^8.0.0",
    "copy-webpack-plugin": "^10.2.4",
    "css-loader": "^6.6.0",
    "css-minimizer-webpack-plugin": "^3.4.1",
    "mini-css-extract-plugin": "^2.5.3",
    "node-sass": "^7.0.1",
    "sass-loader": "^12.4.0",
    "webpack": "^5.68.0",
    "webpack-cli": "^4.9.2"
  }
}

Showing Posts 1 to 5

msimonborg

msimonborg

are there any errors in the browser console?

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

It’s working for BS4, but not for BS5… The CDN is BS4, the one you use is BS5.

Did You make the change to your html to support the new markup? aka data-bs.

Because BS5 has breaking changes…

andreyuhai

andreyuhai OP

Nope, there are no errors.

andreyuhai

andreyuhai OP

Oh, I had not thought about that. Let me try and see. Hope it’ll work but then I’ll cry over the hours I’ve wasted trying to solve this problem. :joy:

andreyuhai

andreyuhai OP

It worked. I am so stupid. It was only because of breaking changes which literally broke my app. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for taking a look and helping me resolve this! :bowing_man:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews