piet.eeken
In the livebook of Explorer I found a probable bug:
input = Kino.Input.text(“d:/livebooks/fossil_fuels”)
filename = Kino.Input.read(input)
DataFrame.to_csv(df, filename)
input gives: d:/livebooks/fossil_fuels without quotes
filename gives: " ".
What is the reason using Kino.Input?
Why not just: DataFrame.to_csv(df, “d:/livebooks/fossil_fuels”)
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jonatanklosko
Inputs are a UI element for user to enter a value, so you would do this:
piet.eeken
That is exactly what I do, but path gives: " "!
jonatanklosko
In your code you put the path as the text field label
Kino.Input.text(“d:/livebooks/fossil_fuels”), that’s only the name of the text input. You want to put the path in the text field itself once it’s rendered. If it’s still unclear you can post the whole notebook : )piet.eeken
It is just your own livebook on hexdocs->explorer
see:
but I understand what you mean.
This should not be placed in your livebook because there it is not working
piet.eeken
A few weeks later and I tried again. I suddenly did see the input-field. On my screen it was hard to see, the color was almost white.
Maybe it is better to outline the input-field in Kino? Maybe you can tip the makers of Kino, I don’t know them.
Sorry for the troubles. So the livebook on Ten Minutes to Explorer — Explorer v0.7.2
is working perfectly.